These Spicy Lamb Meatballs are made with chili powder and smoked paprika and are served with sriracha mayo on naan bread.
Your new favorite meatball recipe is heeeeeeere: spicy lamb meatballs!
Also, Valentine’s Day is next week and this is what I’ve got for ya. It’s reminding me a lot of how I didn’t have anything for the Super Bowl but then quickly threw together these amazing wings (link). So, maybe I’ll do that again for V-day. Speaking of which, do you celebrate? Now that I think about it, Miguel and I don’t really do anything….like, ANYTHING. I think there was a time when we used to go to dinner, or maybe when he used to get me a card? I’ve since lowered my standards and now only care about A) my birthday B) our anniversary and C) Christmas.
Sorry Valentine’s Day. You matter but… not as much. And certainly not as much as these lamb meatballs, which you can eat year-round!
Though I don’t eat lamb every week, I do enjoy incorporating it into my diet from time to time if only to add variety. These lamb meatballs are made with cilantro, smoked paprika and some breadcrumbs, and I opted to serve them with some sriracha lime mayo and naan bread. SO GOOD. I baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes and they were good to go! I wish I could say about how many meatballs this recipe makes, but I forgot to write it down—of course it depends on the size, but at least 20 I’d guess.
These spicy lamb meatballs get their spice from the chili powder and smoked paprika, and then the sriracha lime mayo adds some spice as well. Oh! And if you want you can add some crumbled feta cheese on top (DO IT!).
Spicy Lamb Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Optional: feta cheese for serving
- For the mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Optional: 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and use a wooden spoon (or even your hands!) to mix everything together.
- Next, roll the lamb mixture into balls and place them directly onto a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and bake meatballs for 15-20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked through.
- Serve lamb on top of naan with some of the sriracha mayo. For the mayo, just stir mayo, sriracha and lime juice together, and if you want, add a minced garlic clove as well.
- Top the meatballs with some feta cheese and enjoy!