Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Mediterranean Lamb Bowl features lamb, fresh veggies and a paleo-friendly tzatziki sauce atop a bowl full of cauliflower rice. Yum!
Boy do I love lazy Friday dinners. In fact, they’re kind of my thing. Our usual is pizza, though with Whole30 and all, our “usual” has kind of become any sort of bowl food—aka the best food. Rather than having our usual Friday night in, Miguel and I are actually going to a party tonight aaaand tomorrow night. WHOA, shit’s getting crazy. I’m excited though, especially considering the last few weekends have been extra low-key.
We actually ate this recipe Wednesday night and it received rave reviews from Miguel, which is always a good sign. Honestly, I’m obsessed with lamb yet I hardly ever eat it. …which is maybe why I love it so much. Perhaps if I consumed it regularly it would lose its excitement. Regardless, it really hits the spot in this bowl.
This mediterranean lamb bowl is a spin on my very popular mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe, which features—wait for it—quinoa and feta cheese! Obviously those aren’t paleo-friendly, so I opted for cauliflower rice instead of quinoa and just completely omitted the cheese and used meat instead. All about the protein+veggie life lately, though I do kind of miss carbs if we’re being honest. One more week! I got this.
I based the paleo tzatziki sauce off of this recipe, which uses coconut milk and paleo mayonnaise as the base. From there, I used elements of my own tzatziki sauce to make this delicious tzatziki that’s dairy free and pretty darn similar to the original version. Also! This meal should come together in under 30 minutes—like I said, it’s the perfect lazy meal.
To put it simply, you’ll cook the meat and while that’s cooking, chop the vegetables and prepare the tzatziki sauce in your blender. Then finally, you’ll cook the cauliflower rice, which takes just five minutes. Drizzle everything with the sauce and you’re good to go! A tasty mediterranean lamb bowl that also happens to be grain-free. I love it I love it. Happy Friday!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 oz. cauliflower rice or 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill
- For the tzatziki sauce:
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup paleo mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and add lamb, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Cook lamb on medium heat until no longer red.
- While the lamb is cooking, slice the tomatoes, onion and cucumber.
- Next, make the tzatziki sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth.
- Last, cook the cauliflower rice either in the microwave or in a skillet with a dash of olive oil.
- Assemble the bowl by adding the cauliflower rice first, and then adding the cooked lamb, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and of course the tzatziki sauce.