Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies are raw, vegan and made in the food processor, meaning they couldn’t be simpler to whip up and enjoy!
AVOCADO BROWNIES, coming right up!
This is a total cheat recipe—meaning it’s basically the same as this recipe—but those avocado brownies are super popular on the site, plus at the time I created them I remember thinking to myself, ‘I bet these would be delicious with peanut butter in them.’ Verdict: they are.
My favorite part about avocado brownies is tricking the people who eat them. Yes, they’re not “real” brownies because they’re raw and therefore no bake, and they do taste a bit healthier than regular brownies, but you 100 percent cannot tell there’s avocado in them. Healthy fats, you’re the best.
So, what’s the weekend looking like, friends? It’s Easter, which I enjoy as a time to get together with family and eat TONS OF FOOD. If you’re still looking for meal ideas, be sure to check out my full Easter menu. Other than celebrating, I’m hoping to hang out with Cassie and my bestie Richelle because they’ll both be in town this weekend. I’ve also been craving Smallman Galley lately, so I’m hoping I can convince Miguel to go (will not be difficult to do—their food is amazing).
K back to the brownies!
The base is made from peanuts, dates, syrup, and cacao powder, while the icing is made up of the avocado, peanut butter and cacao. They’re made in the food processor and truly require minimal effort. For the avocado, you can absolutely run it through the food processor, but I tend to just mash it really well with a fork before adding in the rest of the ingredients. Your call! Just be sure to use a ripe avocado so it’s easy to mash.
For best results, you’ll want to store these in the refrigerator. That way, they’ll hold up a bit better. Oh and if you’re a texture freak when it comes to food, you’re going to LOVE these avocado brownies, I promise.
If you make this recipe, remember to tag @thealmondeater on Instagram!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the "icing":
- 1 avocado mashed
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Crushed peanuts for topping
- To make the brownies, place the dates and peanuts in a food processor and pulse for about 1 minutes, until they're well combined. Next, add the cacao and then, while the food processor is on, add the syrup, peanut butter and vanilla through the lid of the food processor. That way, the wet ingredients are combining with the dry ingredients while everything is being mixed together.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and pour mixture into dish. Place it in the freezer while you make the icing.
- For the icing: Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork really well. Note: it's important to use a ripe avocado to make this an easy step.
- Next, add the peanut butter, syrup and milk and stir until well combined. Last, add the cacao and salt.
- Pour icing over brownies and use a spatula to smooth it out evenly.
- Optional: add crushed peanuts on top (I didn't measure, but I'm guessing I added 2-3 tbsp crushed peanuts)
- Store brownies in the refrigerator; cut and enjoy!
**Rather than mashing the avocado with a fork, you can also make the icing in your food processor if you find that to be easier.