This Berry Pistachio Smoothie is salty-sweet perfection! It's full of vitamin C thanks to the strawberries and orange and has a bit of saltiness from the pistachios. A delicious breakfast or midday treat!
Hello hello berry pistachio smoothie! Insert: a unique and delicious flavor combination, because I’m basically ALWAYS craving salty and sweet, even in smoothie form.
Ok, ok but wait. Before you start thinking this is a SALTY smoothie, it’s not. It’s barely salty—it has a hint of saltiness thanks to the pistachios, but it’s mostly sweet thanks to the raspberries and strawberries and orange and honey. See? Mostly sweet.
If you adore salty-sweet as much as I do, you must make my bacon-wrapped dates and chorizo mango pizza.
- full of anti-oxidants
- high in protein
- promote gut health
- may help lower blood sugar
- ...and the list goes on
- Berries - A combination of strawberries and raspberries works really well, but you can also just use one or the other. Blueberries will work, but they'd change the flavor a bit.
- Orange - Compliments the berries and pistachios, and a little bit goes a long way.
- Pistachios - Buy pre-shelled pistachios to make life easier.
- Honey - You can either omit or substitute maple syrup or agave to keep it vegan.
- Milk - Any kind! I used oat milk and it was delicious.
This smoothie recipe couldn't be simpler, assuming you have all of the ingredients.
Simply add everything to a high speed blender and blend for about 1 minute to make sure the pistachios are fully broken down.
Tips and tricks
- This smoothie is made without banana! If you love bananas, feel free to add one in, but it definitely doesn't need it.
- Want a thicker smoothie? Be sure to use frozen berries, or add ice cubes to the blender, which will help to create a thicker consistency.
- This smoothie is on the sweeter side, but it's also full of Vitamin C from the strawberries and orange juice.
- Wondering what to do with the other half of the orange? You could double the smoothie recipe and save the other smoothie for your significant other, or for yourself the next day. Or, use it in one of my savory recipes, like this General Tso's Tofu.
Can I add anything else to this smoothie?
Yup. If you want to bulk up this pistachio smoothie a bit, you could add chia seeds, flaxseed, yogurt (plain, vanilla or even strawberry), spinach, kale, and/or avocado for some healthy fats.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Technically yes. You can always prep a smoothie a few hours in advance, or even the night before. If prepping the night before, you may need to re-blend in the morning because smoothies tend to thicken significantly in the refrigerator.
More healthy smoothie recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Berry Pistachio Smoothie
- ¾ cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- ½ orange
- 2 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup milk or more as needed; any kind
- Place ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth, about 1 minute. Enjoy!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in April 2019. It was updated with new text and photos in May 2022.
I must try this smoothie, looks unique and very delicious.
Erin @ Erin's Inside Job says
WHAT LENS DID YOU USE ON THIS. inquiring minds want to know hahaha
Jack | BBQRecipez says
I thought I've tried every smoothie under the sun but this sounds like something new 🙂 I can't wait to try it!
Thanks Jack--let me know if you try it!
Ooo yum! Looks delicious!
What an amazing pink colour!
Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Love, Debs @ tiger-mint.com