Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie is made without banana but uses plenty of blueberries and chocolate so you know it has to be good.
So you know how everyone talks about chocolate covered strawberries and how they're the best? Yeah well I was going to make a chocolate strawberry smoothie only to realize I was out of strawberries so I thought why not make a chocolate blueberry smoothie instead?
Believe it or not, I don't think I tried a blueberry until I was in high school. I used to be a really picky eater and would hardly ever try new things. My mom would buy all sorts of berries and the only kind I would eat were strawberries. I think it's normal for little kids to be picky eaters but high schoolers? Not so much. I'm so glad I'm over that phase and on to bigger and better things, aka blueberries.
BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- frozen blueberries -- this is a personal preference, but frozen blueberries tend to have more flavor than fresh ones (in smoothies anyway!), so I prefer using them, plus they result in a thicker smoothie
- cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- chia seeds
- maple syrup
- almond milk or milk of choice -- any kind of milk will work, but be sure to keep it dairy free if you're vegan
OTHER SMOOTHIE RECIPES
Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie [vegan]
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.