Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
You're going to love this easy Healthy Caesar Dressing recipe! It's a homemade version of your favorite dressing, made with Greek yogurt, lemon juice and dijon mustard, and pairs perfectly with your favorite salad.
Fun fact: caesar dressing is my favorite kind of salad dressing. I can't believe it's taken me this long to share this recipe with you!
Besides my chipotle aioli, this healthy caesar dressing is my most frequently made dressing/sauce. It's made with Greek yogurt, which is way better for you than what most store-bought dressings are made with (i.e. soybean oil, sugar and milk).
I think you're going to love this healthy caesar dressing recipe!
- Uses Greek yogurt as a made, which makes it extra creamy while still keeping it light
- Made with anchovy paste, lemon juice and a little dijon mustard for an incredibly flavorful dressing
- Is THE dressing to use on my caesar salad pizza, and it also pairs perfectly with my cauliflower breakfast bowl or even as a dip for these bbq chipotle wings
This is simply to provide further clarification on a few of the ingredients; the full ingredient list is below in the recipe card.
Greek yogurt - Can use regular plain yogurt; would NOT use dairy-free yogurt as I think the flavor will be off (plus, this recipe also calls for parmesan cheese, so it's definitely not dairy free).
Parmesan cheese - Don't skip! Though this is a healthy dressing, we still want it to be legit! Parmesan is a key ingredient in this recipe.
Anchovy paste - I like anchovy paste vs. whole anchovies because it keeps longer in the refrigerator; if you already have whole anchovies, start with just 1, then do a taste test and see if you want to add a 2nd
This might just be the easiest recipe you'll ever make. There's only two steps to make this homemade caesar dressing:
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Use a whisk to stir everything together until everything is well combined. Do a taste test and add more salt and/or pepper as needed. You can also add 1-2 tablespoon more water if you want to thin it out.
Tips and tricks
-I did NOT test this recipe using whole anchovies; if you want to go that route, start with 1 whole anchovy, then do a taste test and see if you want to add a second. Note: You will need to use a blender is you're using whole anchovies.
-You can use a small blender to combine everything (like a NutriBullet) if you don't want to stir by hand.
-The dressing will get thicker the longer it sits in the refrigerator, so you may need to add a little bit of water and stir everything together before using it.
Store dressing in a sealed container or jar (I used a mason jar) in the refrigerator, and be sure to shake it before using it.
This will stay fresh for up to 7 days.
Yep! This recipe is naturally gluten free.
More recipes you'll love
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Healthy Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shaved or freshly grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then use a whisk to stir everything together until well combined.
- Alternatively, you can add everything to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Store dressing in a sealed mason jar for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!