This Pumpkin Hummus is made with chickpeas, cream cheese and maple syrup and is sure to satisfy your pumpkin craving. It’s sweet and pairs perfectly with bread or cinnamon crackers.
Want to know how to make hummus better? Add cream cheese! This pumpkin hummus is made with chickpeas, pumpkin and cream cheese and is, in one word, incredible. It can be eaten as a snack or dessert, and a really great fall-flavored recipe to bring to a party or family gathering. The best part is that it’s ready in just 10 minutes, which may or may not make it the quickest snack recipe?!
This hummus is made with chickpeas, but besides that, it’s the opposite of traditional hummus. Instead of tahini, it uses almond butter, cream cheese, maple syrup, and pumpkin.
WHY THIS PUMPKIN HUMMUS IS THE BEST
- It combines pumpkin and cream cheese for a sweeter (but not too sweet) hummus recipe
- Adding a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce takes it to the next level
- Nuts on top add to the texture in the BEST way
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN HUMMUS
Use a food processor: Hummus is best made in a food processor because you can add all the ingredients and then just pulse until the mixture is smooth. However, you may need to stop it and use a spoon or spatula to scrape down the sides once or twice throughout the process.
Add extra cream cheese and/or caramel sauce: At this point, the chickpeas, pumpkin and cream cheese will all be mixed together, so if you want the hummus to look similar to the photos, just add a spoonful of extra cream cheese on top and swirl it.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THIS HUMMUS?
Bread: cinnamon sugar bread or a quality sourdough; Chips: cinnamon/cinnamon sugar chips
OTHER DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp caramel sauce
- Place chickpeas into your food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or so, then add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the pomegranate seeds.
- Pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of your food processor as needed.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, add additional cream cheese and/or caramel sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!