Learn how to use a torch to make three delicious s’mores recipes for #NationalSmoresDay, including s’mores dip, cupcakes and chia pudding!
Disclaimer: This was is sponsored by Bernzomatic. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that keep this site running!
GUESS WHAT? Did you know #NationalSmoresDay is coming up next month?! Yes, that’s right—a day dedicated to your favorite childhood (or adult??) summertime snack. To get us prepped for this underrated food holiday that deserves to be celebrated, I’m partnering up with Bernzomatic to bring you three (two healthy, one decadent) delicious s’mores recipes.
But first, have you ever used a torch in the kitchen? It’s one of my favorite gadgets to use, especially when toasting marshmallows or meringue because it allows for more depth of flavor.
If you didn’t know, Bernzomatic produces a variety of torches that can be applied to several different actives, like cooking! To create these recipes, I used the Bernzomatic ST2200 Detail Torch. It’s incredibly easy to use and has an adjustable flame control knob, so you can avoid charring those s’mores marshmallows beyond recognition!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE S’MORES RECIPES
- A Bernzomatic torch (I recommend the ST2200 or the TS8000), which you can buy at Home Depot, Lowe’s or on Amazon.
- Butane. Don’t freak out! It comes in a small canister and is less intimidating than it sounds. You can purchase butane at the same places you purchase the torch.
TO USE A TORCH
1. Fill the torch with butane (follow the instructions in the manual). This part is really simple and takes less than one minute to complete.
2. Press the appropriate knobs on the torch, then point it a few inches away from the object you want to toast/broil/char.
3. That’s it! You’ll notice tons of flavor in your food, and it only takes an extra minute to do.
S’MORES CHIA PUDDING
This chia pudding can be prepped the night before, and can be eaten for breakfast or dessert, depending on your preference. For this recipe, I used the ST2200 torch to toast the marshmallows so that they’re comparable to what they’d taste like roasted over a bonfire (aka the way marshmallows should be!).
S’mores Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: chia pudding
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- 1–2 graham crackers, crushed
- Stir syrup, cocoa and milk together in a bowl; then, stir in the chia seeds.
- Divide mixture into jars, give mixture another stir, then place the pudding in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Before serving: top the jars with marshmallows, then use your Bernzomatic torch to toast the marshmallows to your liking. Sprinkle them with graham cracker crumbs and enjoy!
Keywords: chia pudding, S'mores chia pudding
You can’t make a collection of s’mores recipes without including cupcakes! These chocolate cupcakes are topped with meringue toasted to perfection then sprinkled with graham crackers.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 18 cupcakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker, crumbled
for the meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together; then, add milk, applesauce, vinegar, and vanilla and stir.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then divide mixture evenly into lined muffin tin.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking, make the meringue: whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and salt together at medium speed for 2 minutes, then at a high speed for 2 minutes. Last, add the sugar and stir for 1 more minute.
- Once cupcakes are done, wait for them to cool before adding the meringue.
- To add the meringue: use a spoon to place a dollop of meringue on each cupcake, then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Use your Bernzomatic torch to toast the meringue to your liking.
Keywords: cupcakes, S'mores cupcakes
HEALTHY S’MORES DIP
S’mores dip that’s actually healthy?! YUP. This dip includes a secret ingredient that makes this recipe better-for-you, while still being sweet thanks to the marshmallow topping. Serve the dip with anything and everything from graham crackers, strawberries, Oreos, and/or pretzels.
Healthy S’mores Dip
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: pudding
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar* **
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers for topping
- Place avocados in your food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. Then, add the cocoa, syrup, milk, and salt, and pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Taste test it and decide if either A) it’s good as-is or B) if you want to add additional sugar. If you do, add the coconut (or granulated) sugar and pulse for 10-15 seconds.
- Scoop mixture out into a bowl, then top it with mini marshmallows. Use your Bernzomatic torch to toast the marshmallows to your liking, then sprinkle with graham crackers.
- Serve the dip with graham crackers, strawberries, Oreos, and/or pretzels and enjoy!
*Sugar is optional
**Can use granulated sugar instead
Keywords: avocado pudding, chocolate avocado pudding, S'mores pudding