This cucumber jalapeño margarita recipe uses just four ingredients and is simple to prepare. Just throw everything into the blender, strain the mixture then drink up! It’s a great summertime drink that’s a little bit spicy but also incredibly refreshing.
As it turns out, I still really love margaritas and therefore can’t go more than two months without posting a recipe. Can you blame me? Margaritas are the ultimate summer cocktail, and we’re in full-on summer mode, though for me they’re a year-round drink.
This recipe was 100% inspired by a spicy margarita recipe I had while in DC last week. Typically, jalapeño margaritas aren’t my thing because they’re a little too spicy, but not this one. The cucumber in this recipe cuts down some of the spiciness from the jalapeño, and the result is absolute perfection.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST JALAPEÑO MARGARITA RECIPE?
- It’s the perfect mix of spicy yet refreshing
- It uses fresh, real ingredients
- There’s NO added sugar, aka no simple syrup, making it the best skinny girl margarita
- lime juice
- optional: agave/maple syrup
TIPS FOR MAKING A JALAPEÑO MARGARITA
Remove the seeds from the jalapeño before placing it in the blender; otherwise, the drink will be REALLY spicy
Opt for a seedless cucumber to avoid the seeds getting somewhat but not completely blended in the blender
Add sweetener if you wish: I’d say omit the sweetener to start, then do a taste test and see if it needs it
DO I HAVE TO STRAIN THE MIXTURE?
Unfortunately yes, and here’s why: If you don’t strain the mixture, there will be chunks in your drink. Yes, chunks. Little chunks and bits of cucumber, and you might even end up with a jalapeño seed or two if they weren’t completely removed before putting the jalapeño in the blender. Seriously though, don’t skip this step! It only takes an extra minute or two and the results are so much better.
OTHER MARGARITA RECIPES
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds removed*
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 oz. tequila
- Optional: 1 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- Slice a lime into fourths, then run one of the lime wedges over your glass, then dip the glass directly into salt to salt the rim.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 1 full minute.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Fill cups with ice them pour the margarita overtop. Garnish with cucumber and jalapeño.