This weeknight veggie pizza is loaded with vegetables and uses store-bought crust, which means it comes together in under 20 minutes.
*THIS RECIPE IS PART OF THE 30 MINUTE DINNER RECIPE CHALLENGE* Don’t know what I’m talking about? See this post for details. Challenge ends April 30, 2019.
So far we’ve made pasta and tacos, so it’s only fitting that today is all about PIZZA, specifically veggie pizza. Miguel and I love pizza night, but the thing I love the most is that pizza is QUICK. Homemade pizza is always a quick dinner option, but we’re taking a few shortcuts with this recipe to make it even faster, because when you’re craving pizza you want it NOW, not in 45 minutes.
I’m a little late to the game, but I’ve recently fallen head-over-heels for thin crust pizza. I know, what?? I’ve always loved thick, pillow-y crust, but I’ve found that the thicker the crust, the more bloated I feel. I realize this may be a personal problem, but an easy solution to this somewhat common problem is thin crust pizza. It’s lighter in general and therefore leaves you feeling less…”meh” afterward. Please tell me I’m not the only one who feels this way?!
This veggie pizza is all of my favorite things: it’s lightweight, it’s cheesy, it’s filled with vegetables, and it’s a white pizza (my favorite kind of pizza), so I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
VEGGIE PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- store-bought crust
- olive oil
- ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PIZZA
First: Prepare the crust. In this case, we’re making a white pizza, which means the “sauce” is oil-based. So, you’re going to want to brush olive oil over the entire crust, then sprinkle the minced garlic, basil and oregano over top.
Second: Slice the tomatoes then place them a bowl and drizzle them with a SMALL amount of oil. You don’t want the crust to be too oily or else it’ll get soggy; however, the tomatoes have to have some oil on them in order for them to roast in the oven. Place the tomatoes on the pizza crust.
Third: Add the ricotta cheese on the crust; then, place the whole pizza in the oven and bake it for 8-10 minutes. While the pizza is in the oven, use a peeler to slice zucchini into ribbons and set them aside.
Finally: Remove pizza from the oven and immediately sprinkle it with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. Last, add the zucchini ribbons.
OTHER ALMOND EATER PIZZA RECIPES
Weeknight Veggie Pizza
- 1 store-bought thin crust pizza crust
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Pinch of basil
- Pinch of oregano
- 1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet, then brush it with 3 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle the garlic, oregano and basil over top.
- Place sliced tomatoes in a bowl, then drizzle them with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place tomatoes and ricotta on the pizza crust, then bake pizza for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft. While pizza is baking, use a peeler to slice zucchini into ribbons and set aside.
- Remove pizza from the oven, then sprinkle it with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Last, add the zucchini.