Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Banana Nice Cream that’s only TWO ingredients?! Yup. All you need are bananas, peanut butter and a food processor and this nice cream recipe will be done in no time. It’s an easy and healthy dessert recipe that anyone can make!
This banana nice cream recipe has been a long time coming! I discovered “nice cream” a few years ago (ok, maybe more than a few) and it was love at first bite, especially considering I tend to crave cold foods year-round. If you are someone who likes a little something sweet after dinner, this recipe is for YOU. Zero dairy or added sugars, so it’s actually good for you. As in, GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH so you should probably make it.
The best part is that it’s customizable, so technically speaking you could add more friend and/or add-ins. For this recipe, I opted to use just peanut butter to show that you can make a delicious 2-ingredient dessert, but you could also add chocolate chips, or even strawberries for a strawberry banana nice cream.
WHAT IS NICE CREAM?
My own definition of nice cream is frozen friend that’s been blended up—either in a blender or food processor—to resemble ice cream. The “nice” part is because there’s no heavy cream required and you still get the same texture as regular ice cream.
NICE CREAM INGREDIENTS:
Frozen bananas: Peel the bananas then place them into a plastic bag in the freezer, preferably overnight.
Peanut butter: I like using peanut butter with minimal ingredients because I think it tastes better, but ANY peanut butter will work in this recipe
HOW TO MAKE NICE CREAM:
- Chop the banana: When you’re ready, remove the bananas from the freezer, then slice them into 1” pieces and place them directly into your blender or food processor
- Blend it up: You can decide whether you want to use a blender or food processor. I used my food processor, but either should work. Start by blending up JUST the bananas for at least 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed. Then, with the processor still running, add the peanut butter in through the top and pulse for another minute or so or until the mixture is completely blended and creamy. Tip: If you’re having trouble getting everything to blend, add 1-2 tbsp milk.
Serve, or freeze it: At this point, you can either A) eat it as-is, which will be more like soft serve, or B) transfer it to a bread pan and freeze it for at least 2 hours.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NICE CREAM
You can treat this recipe like you would any other ice cream and add whatever toppings you want! Some might include:
- chopped fruit (think: strawberries, banana, blueberries)
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- whipped cream (which would make this a little less healthy but very delicious)
OTHER EASY DESSERT RECIPES
2-Ingredient Banana Nice Cream
- 7 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp milk optional
- Place HALF of the bananas and HALF of the peanut butter in your food processor and pulse for 30-60 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and creamy; transfer to a bread pan.
- Next, add the rest of the bananas and peanut butter and repeat the same process. At this point, you can either eat the ice cream as-is, or place it in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Drizzle with extra peanut butter and enjoy!