These Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast that’s both fruity and delicious.
Aren’t overnight oats the best? Please tell me you’re just as obsessed as I am. If you haven’t tried them, they’re basically oatmeal but cold, which is ideal during the summer months when it’s hot and the last thing you want is a hot breakfast. Truth be told, I’m normally an eggs-for-breakfast kind of gal, but recently I’ve been craving something different. If there’s one thing I know about me and food it’s that I crave variety. I know plenty of people who eats oats every day and are satisfied, but I’ve found that whipping up banana overnight oats once or twice a week is ideal.
WHY THESE BANANA OVERNIGHT OATS ARE THE BEST
- These oats take just five minutes to prepare. FIVE MINUTES! Few recipes take such little time to make.
- They combine the two best fruits–strawberries and banana–into one, healthy recipe
- They’re sweetened with honey, which also goes great with banana
OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
For this recipe, you’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients:
- old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- milk of choice
*I recommend using plain or strawberry-flavored yogurt. If you want to keep this recipe dairy free, simply use your favorite dairy free yogurt (personally, I love Forager).
HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
Overnight oats are REALLY easy to prepare, and like I said, they’ll only require five minutes of your time.
First, add oats to a bowl or mason jar then set them aside.
Next, whisk milk, yogurt and honey together until they’re well combined.
Then, pour the wet ingredients over top of the oats and use a spoon to stir them together.
Last, add chopped strawberries and banana to the bowl, then you’ll place the bowl in the refrigerator (or divide mixture into cups) and refrigerate the oats overnight.
Viola, that’s it! Strawberry banana is a classic flavor combination, whether it’s in smoothie or oats form, and adding yogurt to the oats will make them even creamier. These strawberry banana overnight oats are a quick, healthy grab-and-go breakfast, meaning they’re the perfect thing to enjoy at work or maybe even on your way to work?! The possibilities are endless.
OTHER OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPES:
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
These strawberry banana overnight oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast that’s both healthy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: overnight oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or strawberry-flavored
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- Place oats in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, honey and yogurt together.
- Pour wet ingredients over oats and stir to combine.
- Last, stir in the strawberries and bananas.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can distribute the mixture into cups or a mason jar.
Keywords: overnight oats, strawberry banana overnight oats