A luscious coconut milk and chocolate filling is layered in a graham cracker crust to make this easy No Bake Chocolate Pie. Rich and chocolatey, all it takes are 8 easy and vegan ingredients!
Whether you’re looking to cut down on time in the kitchen or it’s too hot to turn on the oven, no bake desserts are always a great choice. I’ll gladly dig into a cheesecake or caramel thumbprints no matter the occasion because they take no time to make and always taste delicious.
I’m adding this No Bake Chocolate Pie into the mix because it’s super creamy and one of the best low-maintenance desserts. It’s almost exactly like a cheesecake, but better!
A luscious coconut cream, almond butter, and chocolate filling is blended in seconds before being poured into a sweet graham cracker crust. After chilling in the fridge for a few hours, the chocolate vegan pie is super smooth, silky, and creamy. It’s the perfect make-ahead dessert!
- Made with just 8 easy and vegan ingredients.
- No oven needed! Just let it chill in the fridge for a few hours, then enjoy.
- It’s just so CREAMY, even without the dairy!
- Coconut cream - Using the white, creamy part in the can of coconut milk is the secret to making this vegan pie extra creamy and rich (save the liquid part for coconut chia pudding).
- Almond butter - Swap this with cashew butter or peanut butter.
- Almond milk - Or any type of plant milk you love.
- Cornstarch - Necessary for thickening the pie; can sub arrowroot if you prefer.
- Chocolate chips - This pie is very chocolate-y, so be sure to choose the type of chocolate you love the most, whether that’s milk, semi sweet, or dark.
- Pie crust - I used storebought graham cracker crust to make this dessert as easy as possible.
Step 1: Make the filling. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a saucepan, then pour it in a blender along with the coconut cream, sugar, almond butter, almond milk, and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
Step 2: Assemble the pie. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top and place the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Step 3: Serve! Take the pie out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before serving so it’s easier to slice. Serve with coconut whip or a sprinkle of flaky salt on top and enjoy!
Expert tips and tricks
- The filling is liquidy when it’s first done blending, but don’t worry! It sets beautifully after letting it chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Any cheesecake crust should work in this recipe, whether you make a homemade graham cracker crust, walnut cashew crust, or an oreo cookie crust.
- The pie needs at least 4 hours to set in the fridge. Leave it overnight for the best results or keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serve each slice with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream or raspberries for an extra refreshing bite.
Does it taste like coconut?
Even though there’s coconut cream and oil in the filling, the chocolate is the real star of this recipe. The coconut is needed to simply smooth out the filling and help it taste creamy and light rather than coconuty.
Do I need any special equipment?
No need for a springform pan or electric mixers here. All you need is a blender to make the filling and a pie plate if you’re making the crust from scratch.
More vegan chocolate desserts
No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 1 pie crust homemade or store-bought
- ⅔ cup coconut cream cream only, from 1 can
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add the coconut cream, sugar, almond butter, milk, and cornstarch to a blender and set aside.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking frequently until the chocolate has melted. Pour melted chocolate into the blender.
- Blend mixture for at least 30 seconds or until it's smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the pie crust, using a spatula to smooth it out. Sprinkle the pie with chopped chocolate (optional).
- Place pie in the refrigerator for anywhere from 4-24 hours. Remove the pie from the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before serving. Slice and enjoy!
I make this too much probably..jk, no such thing! it's my absolute favorite! And now a family favorite, my hubby and 7yo, for my parents and my in laws, they request for birthdays and holidays. It's so good!!! 5,000 stars 🤩
This is the BEST comment -- thank you so much, and I'm happy to hear everyone loves the pie!
Daniel Z says
chocolate + pie = mouthwatering drool
Himanshu Thakur says
Loved this Chocolate pie, can not wait to try this, definitely try this very soon. Thank you for sharing this lovely and interesting recipe, dear. Keep sharing more recipes.