Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Making your own biscotti is super simple. This Homemade Almond Biscotti uses sliced almonds and almond extract for tons of flavor that pairs well with a cup of coffee.
Hi! How was the weekend? Mine is good, though I still have a small amount of Christmas shopping to get done and it’s stressing me out per the usual. Mark my words I WILL get it all done by this week. I mean, I’m literally running out of time so I sort of have to.
Are you guys doing any sort of holiday cookie exchange? I’ve never aaaaactually done one other than a virtual one like last year, but I am all about Christmas cookie making with my mama. We actually had a cookie baking date on Friday where we ate a lot of sugar and Layla gave us her best “please feed me” eyes the entire time.
If you ARE doing a cookie exchange, I recommend making this biscotti because it’s easy and also unexpected in the best way possible. I was debating what flavor biscotti to make when I saw my almond extract sitting on my countertop. With my recent obsession and all, I know almond biscotti HAD to happen. It’s the perfect texture and obviously pairs well with a cup of coffee. DUH. And, though it’s not a “cookie” (or maybe it kind of is….), it’s a great thing to include in your holiday baking round up. Unlike traditional cookies, one of my favorite things about biscotti is that it lasts forever (assuming you don’t eat it all in one day).
You can choose to dip it in chocolate if you wish, but it’s also very delicious on its own, and it’s easier. Maybe it’s just me, but I was getting impatient trying to dip all the biscotti in chocolate. If you have the patience for it, do it, but if not, I feel you and I won’t judge.
If biscotti isn’t your thing, no worries! Natalie and Holly of The Modern Proper are hosting a virtual cookie swap party today, so be sure to check out their site to see all the other delicious cookie recipes HERE.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together; add eggs and almond extract to bowl and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine; stir almonds in by hand.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 10-12" long and 2" wide log, using your hands or a spatula to smash it down a bit. You should end up with two logs on a baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti for 30-35 minutes or until biscotti is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before slicing biscotti, placing them cut side down and then placing the baking sheet back in the oven and baking the biscotti for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Happy holiday baking, friends!