Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These Cranberry Orange Muffins are made with almond flour and oat flour, making them a delicious gluten free breakfast option. They’re lightly flavored with orange, filled with cranberries and topped with a delicious glaze for a little added sweetness.
Originally published: February 2015 // Updated: October 2019
What do you know–a gluten free cranberry orange muffin recipe! I don’t bake gluten free often, but I’m admittedly always so pleased with myself when I do decide to go the gluten free route and the recipe turns out beautifully.
For these muffins, I opted to use a combination of almond flour and oat flour because I think they’re the best tasting flours, and arguably easier to work with than others?! And the flavor combination of cranberry-orange is one that’s highly underrated and also a great way to use dried cranberries. I do hope you give these muffins a shot!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
- They’re light and fluffy, so they won’t leave you feeling ‘meh’ afterward the way some baked goods do
- They’re lightly flavored with orange and topped with a simple orange glaze
- Muffins make for a super easy grab-and-go breakfast option
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
This muffin recipe is fairly straight forward, but one main difference between regular muffins and gluten free muffins is that with gluten free baking, you [usually] can stir the batter by hand vs. with an electric mixer. You don’t want to over-stir the batter or else the texture of the muffins will be off.
Start by stirring both flours, the baking soda and the salt together. NOTE: if you don’t want to buy oat flour, simply pour old fashioned/rolled oats into your blender and blend it all up, which will create oat flour.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together, then add the honey, orange juice and orange zest. Since you need orange zest from a fresh orange anyway, I recommend using orange juice straight from an orange instead of going out and buying orange juice from the store.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then stir in the cranberries. Scoop the batter into a muffin tin, then bake the muffins for 10-12 minutes. You’ll know the muffins are done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
HOW DO I STORE THESE MUFFINS?
Store muffins in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
OTHER TASTY GLUTEN FREE BAKED GOODS
Cranberry Orange Muffins (gluten free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice*
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
for the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine both flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together. Add honey, orange juice and orange zest and mix together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then stir in the cranberries.
- Grease muffin tin (or use muffin liners) and pour batter evenly into tin; place tin in oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and remove from oven.
- For glaze, mix powdered sugar and orange juice together in a bowl. Remove muffins from the tin and wait until they're cooled a bit before drizzling on the glaze.