Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Chocolate Mint Pudding is oh-so-creamy thanks to avocado, and it’s vegan too!
Ohhhh yeah, another pudding recipe. My Skinny Salted Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding was my most popular recipe from 2014, so I figured it’s about time I whip up a pudding recipe for 2015. I’m sure there will be others as the year continues, but I wanted my first pudding recipe to be chocolate and mint, because I absolutely adore that combo. Also, I’ve been on a huge chocolate kick lately. January was eat all the salads and apparently February is eat all the chocolate month. Not mad about it.
This happens every year… I want to eat/drink everything peppermint. Then Christmastime passes and I’m over it. Then toward the end of February/beginning of March I start craving it again. Remind me why Starbucks doesn’t serve Peppermint Mocha’s all year round again? The flavor is so refreshing, and it’s no different in this pudding.
Peppermint reminds me of a few things including but not limited to: Peppermint Patty Girl Scout Cookies, York peppermint patty’s. peppermint coffee creamer, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and candy canes. It’s delicious on it’s own but even better when paired with chocolate. …..just like everything else. I wish I could say I had Miguel taste test this pudding like he usually does, or that my brother helped me eat some of it, but both of those statements would be false. I ate both of those cups you see pictured by myself (not all in one sitting, if that makes a difference), and both cups were delicious.
The best part about this pudding is that it only requires six ingredients, and the fact that it’s vegan is just a bonus. Like all good things, the core of this pudding is made from an avocado. Avocado makes everything creamier, like smoothies, salads and pudding too. And while you don’t have to, I highly recommend topping your pudding with cool whip. It takes this pudding from amazing to really, really amazing. I know—I’m really good with adjectives.
If you’re a chocolate mint lover like myself, you’re going to want this pudding in your life, like, yesterday.
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dairy free yogurt I used SO Delicious
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Place avocado in a food processor and pulse until smooth. If you do not own a food processor, you can put the avocado in a bowl and smash it with a fork, working out all of the lumps.
- Next, add cocoa and cinnamon and pulse/mix with an electric mixer.
- Then add syrup, yogurt and peppermint extract.
- Mix everything together so that pudding is smooth and place in two separate cups (or one larger cup). Put in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Top with dairy free whipped cream and enjoy!
Q: Are you a chocolate mint lover?
If you like this, you’ll love…
Chocolate Pretzel Shooters