If you're obsessed with chocolate covered strawberries but are craving something more filling, this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie is the answer! Made with strawberries, milk and yogurt, it tastes like your favorite dessert but in smoothie form!
This strawberry smoothie recipe is simple, yet a tad more fun thanks to the addition of chocolate! ...as most things are, right?
See, I love my chocolate blueberry smoothie recipe, but chocolate covered strawberries are even better. Plus, I love eating a handful of strawberries alongside my breakfast, and sometimes I even like making them the main ingredient, like in my strawberry banana overnight oats or this kefir smoothie.
Plus, did you know strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges? That's right, so drink up!
- The actual smoothie has just 3 ingredients: strawberries, yogurt and milk
- Easy to customize and bulk-up!
- Includes a drizzle of chocolate, which honestly just makes the smoothie more delicious
Strawberries - Fresh or frozen work. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, opt for fresh strawberries, and if you prefer a thicker smoothie, frozen strawberries are the way to go.
Yogurt - Plain Greek yogurt works wonderfully because it's thick, but ANY yogurt will work. If I don't have Greek yogurt in my refrigerator, I'll use dairy-free vanilla yogurt.
Milk - Any kind of milk works!
Chocolate - You'll want to use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate for the chocolate drizzle.
First: Add ingredients to a blender. Pour the milk, yogurt and strawberries into your blender, along with any add-ins you want to use.
Second: Blend. Blend everything together until smooth.
Third: Add the chocolate around your glass. Melt the chocolate with a little bit of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl, then use a spoon to drizzle it along your glass. You can also drizzle some on top of your smoothie once it's poured into your glass.
Tips and tricks
- Want your strawberry smoothie to taste even more like strawberries? Use strawberry-flavored yogurt!
- Make it vegan-friendly by using dairy-free yogurt and your favorite plant-based milk, like soy milk or almond milk.
- Don't want to add the chocolate drizzle? Use cocoa powder or cacao powder instead! Simply add 1 ½ tablespoons to the blender and you'll have a delicious chocolate strawberry smoothie.
- Have extra melted chocolate leftover? Drizzle some on top of the smoothie once it's poured into your glass! The chocolate will harden, and you'll be able to eat it with a spoon (trust me, it's delicious).
Add any one or more of these in to bulk up the smoothie a bit!
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Cocoa powder
- Protein powder (plain, vanilla or chocolate)
- Spinach (you can't taste it!)
- Peanut butter or any nut butter
- Avocado for healthy fats and to thicken the texture
Can this smoothie be made ahead of time?
Yes! Simply blend it then store it in the refrigerator overnight. Just note that, as with all smoothies, the texture may differ a bit, so you may need to re-blend it before drinking it.
More tasty smoothie recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 ⅓ cup strawberries
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Place the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on the inside of your glass. Pour thee smoothie into the glass and enjoy!
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- flax seeds
- peanut butter or almond butter
- protein powder
Leave a Reply