These Chipotle Deviled Eggs are filled with a chipotle yogurt dip instead of mayonnaise and mustard and are topped with crushed bacon.
Truth be told, I typically pass on the deviled eggs at family gatherings because I just can’t do mustard. It’s absolutely on my “least favorite foods” list, and I can’t imagine ruining a perfectly good egg with mustard (no offense to everyone who enjoys it). So of course these deviled eggs do NOT include mustard, but rather my smokey chipotle yogurt dip instead. Woohoo! If you don’t already have chipotle seasoning on hand, you basically haaaaave to buy some now.
Despite the fact that we're half way through the week, how was your weekend? I had a particular great weekend and was able to bust out three recipes Saturday while also cleaning the apartment/doing laundry (you know, the fun stuff), and Sunday was spent at my mom’s house celebrating her birthday. We had perfect weather in Pittsburgh, which is rare these days, so I tried to soak up as much of it as possible while still getting ish done. SUCCESS.
So now the question remains: are you a deviled eggs person? Do you flock to them at parties and/or Easter and/or any other holiday where they might be available? Like I said, I don’t, but if these chipotle deviled eggs were on the table I most certainly would. Also, can we talk about how easy of an appetizer these are? You just hard boil the eggs, remove the yolks and combine them with the chipotle yogurt dip, which takes all of five minutes to make. Then, you refill the egg whites with the chipotle-yolk mixture and bam!
Oh and if you waaaaant—totally optional yet not really—you can add crushed bacon on top of them, which pairs perfectly with the chipotle flavor. Just a suggestion, though.
Regardless, I hope this recipe turns anyone and everyone into a deviled eggs fan.
- 6 eggs*
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoon chives or more for garnish
for the chipotle yogurt filling:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon shallots minced
- ½ teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs as you normally would. While the eggs are boiling, make the chipotle yogurt dip by stirring all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once the eggs are cooked and peeled, use a knife to carefully slice each egg in half length-wise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the yolks and add them to the yogurt dip. Use a whisk or electric mixer to combine the yolks and chipotle dip, and then spoon the mixture back into the eggs.
- Last, make the bacon and crumble it up on top of the eggs.
- Add chives for garnish and enjoy!