Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These Blackberry Thyme Margaritas are made with a simple blackberry syrup, tequila, lime juice and sparkling water and are a great way to use up some blackberries!
I feel like I just posted a margarita recipe… oh yeah, because I did. But here we are again, and who can really complain? I mean, don’t we all need more ways to enjoy blackberries?!!!! <—my apologies for the sarcasm. No but really, these blackberry thyme margaritas are perfect for summertime and an excellent way to use up a ton of blackberries from the farmer’s market.
Also, this week has been CRAZY busy in the best way possible. I spent Monday and Tuesday helping Jessica and Maria out with some photography and food styling for an upcoming project they’re working on, and though they were long days, they were super fun days as well. What’s that cheesy saying? “If you love your work it won’t feel like work”….something along those lines. I’m not sure I’d say it doesn’t feel like work, but it’s the best kind of work in my opinion.
Then Wednesday and Thursday were spent photographing interiors, which I really enjoy doing, though I’ll admit it’s quite different than photographing food and provides its own set of challenges. But hey, without challenges, work would just be boring, right? Right.
SOOO yeah, I’m more than ready for a drink! Plus, Miguel was out of town for work all week and just returned last night. BRING ON THE MARGARITAS!
Miguel and I ate at Mad Mex on Memorial Day and I ordered their blackberry thyme margarita and I loved it—so much so, that I immediately knew I wanted to recreate it. So, here we are! Essentially, you’ll start by making the blackberry thyme syrup, which shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes really. Then you’ll add the syrup to a large pitcher or something of the sort, and add tequila, triple sec and lime juice. You’ll then pour the syrup into four separate glasses and top them off with some sparkling water, stir, and that’s it!
Drink up because it’s Friday, though I’m thinking we should just make every day a margarita kind of day, yes?
- For the syrup:
- 6 oz. 1 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- For the margaritas:
- 1/4 cup* blackberry syrup
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sparkling water
- Begin by making the syrup: add berries, thyme, water, and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and use a wooden spoon or fork to break down the blackberries. Once they're mostly broken down, pour mixture through a strainer and into a pitcher, using a spatula to press mixture through the strainer more quickly.
- Next, add tequila, triple sec and lime juice to the same pitcher and stir. Top the pitcher off with sparkling water.
- Adjust to taste--either add more tequila and/or blackberry syrup and enjoy!
**Serving size varies