Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This fun and refreshing Mango Margarita on the rocks is made with the sweet and tangy flavors of mango and lime juice. Make this fun 4 ingredient cocktail for any summertime party or a Cinco De Mayo celebration!
You should know by now that margaritas are one of my favorite cocktails to make! To me, they just scream “fun party” and this Mango Margarita recipe is no exception. I love making a glass or two while sitting poolside during the summer but it’s also a crowd-pleasing cocktail for backyard BBQs.
My favorite part about this mango margarita on the rocks is that it’s made with just 4 simple ingredients. Just like my Skinny Margarita recipe, all you have to do is shake everything up in a cocktail shaker and enjoy! The end result is a sweet and slightly tangy margarita that makes everyone happy.
Why you’ll love this margarita
- All you need are 4 ingredients.
- The mix of mango juice with fresh lime is not only refreshing but also hydrating.
- It’s delicious with a little added spice, like cayenne, chili powder, or sliced jalapenos.
Mango juice: I used mango juice in this recipe because there’s no guessing and the flavor stays consistent. You can use fresh mango juice or puree, but you may have to add sweetener depending on how ripe the mangos are.
Tequila: The best tequila for margaritas is blanco tequila because of its smooth, agave-forward, and mild flavor. Any mid-priced bottle will work but my favorites are Espolòn and Casamigos.
Cointreau: This orange liqueur gives the margarita an added boost of citrus while balancing the flavors between bitter and sweet. Plus, it gives the drink a better flavor than if you were to use orange juice or triple sec.
Lime juice: For some brightness and fresh acidity.
Step 1: Prepare the margarita glasses. Run a lime wedge around the rim of two glasses. Coat them in salt, then fill both glasses with ice.
Step 2: Shake up the margarita. Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and give it a good shake until all of the ingredients are combined and the shaker feels cold.
Step 3: Serve the margarita. Pour the mango margarita mix into the prepared glasses. Top with fresh lime or mango chunks and serve ice cold.
Can I make a frozen mango margarita instead?
If you need to cool down, you can make this recipe into a frozen version instead. Here’s how it’s done:
- First, you’ll need to get a high-speed blender as well as some frozen mango chunks and agave syrup.
- For one margarita, add ½ cup frozen mango, 2 tbsp agave, 1 cup of ice, the juice of 1 lime, 1 oz of tequila, and 1 oz of orange liqeuer.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to adjust the sweetness depending on how you like it.
Tips and tricks
-Swap the mango juice for mango puree by blending fresh or frozen mango. Use the puree instead of the mango juice for a sweet taste and smooth texture.
-Add a little chili powder to the salt rim and/or a dash of hot sauce in the drink to create a spicy mango margarita.
-This is a great cocktail to make ahead of time. All you need to do is shake it all up and store it in the fridge for 1 or 2 days before serving over ice.
-To make it sweeter, shake the margarita with a little agave syrup, honey, maple syrup, or even white granulated sugar.
-If you don’t own a cocktail shaker, a sealed jar or container will work just as well, or just stir everything together in a cup!
More margarita recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
- 3/4 cup mango juice
- 2 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. cointreau
- 3 limes approx. 6 tbsp lime juice
- Cut a lime wedge, then run it along the edge of two glasses. Coat them in salt, then add ice to each glass.
- Add the mango juice, tequila, cointreau, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake, then strain into both glasses. Enjoy!