This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
A little tangy and a little spicy, this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is the perfect snack or appetizer! Made with a spice blend, along with your favorite buffalo sauce, it crisps up nice in the air fryer while still staying tender.
I'm always looking for new ways to cook cauliflower, and currently obsessed with this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe.
Two of my favorite cauliflower recipes are my cheesy cauliflower bake and crustless cauliflower quiche, but this buffalo cauliflower makes for an incredibly easy appetizer, and is great for picky eaters!
- A healthy, low-carb appetizer that's both vegan and gluten free.
- Basically a vegetarian version of wings, aka cauliflower wings!
- Can be enjoyed on its own or added to a snack platter.
Cauliflower - I like buying pre-cut cauliflower florets rather than a head of cauliflower because it's easier and less messy. Make sure to use fresh cauliflower and not frozen; otherwise, the cauliflower won't cook properly.
Cornstarch - Or sub arrowroot.
Spice blend - A combination of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper pairs well with the buffalo flavor.
Buffalo sauce - Use your favorite kind or whatever you have in your pantry. Or, use hot sauce like Frank's.
Step 1: Mix the spices. In a large bowl, whisk the cornstarch, spices and water together. Then, add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat it in the batter.
Step 2: Air fry. Add the cauliflower to your air fryer in a single layer as best you can. Air fry at 400° for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Step 3: Add the buffalo sauce. Rinse the bowl that had the spices in it out and dry, then pour in the buffalo sauce. Transfer the cauliflower to the bowl and stir to coat it in the sauce, then place it back into the air fryer and air fry for 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and slightly crispy on the edges.
Tips and FAQs
- If you're using a head of cauliflower, try to cut the florets similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Lining your air fryer basket with foil will eliminate any mess and prevent the cauliflower from potentially sticking to the basket.
- To make this extra decadent, whisk 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the buffalo sauce beforehand.
It's ok if the cauliflower overlaps slightly in the air fryer, but if it's overlapping a lot you may need to cook it in batches.
Want to serve air fryer cauliflower alongside other food? Read below for some of my suggestions!
- Serve alongside BBQ Chipotle Chicken Wings or my Baked Lemon Pepper Wings for added protein.
- A simple salad pairs well with it as well. Plus, the more veggies the better!
- Or, try it along with this easy Vegan Queso and/or Brussels Sprouts Dip for the ultimate spread.
- Serve by itself as an appetizer or snack with ranch dressing, homemade Caesar Dressing or blue cheese crumbles alongside celery sticks and/or carrots.
Can I bake buffalo cauliflower instead?
Yup! If you don't own an air fryer, you can follow these exact same steps, but place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, bake it at 450° for about 20 minutes, then toss the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce, return it to the baking pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes or so or until it's slightly crispy outside but fork tender.
NOTE: While this cauliflower can be made ahead of time, it tastes best and the texture is optimal if eaten fresh, so keep that in mind.
Refrigerator: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: Reheat cauliflower in the oven or air fryer, not in the microwave; otherwise, it'll get soggy.
More air fryer recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, water, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Then add in the cauliflower and stir to coat all the florets in the mixture.
- Add as much cauliflower that can fit to an air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400 F for 5 minutes, shake the basket around, and cook for another 5 minutes. While the cauliflower is cooking, rinse out the large bowl, then pour the buffalo sauce into it.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss with the buffalo sauce. Return the cauliflower to the air fryer and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is crispy.
- Serve immediately with carrots, celery, and your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!