These peanut butter chickpea cookies are protein-packed and loaded with plenty of peanut butter and minimal sugar. The best part is that they’re gluten free, vegan and only 6 ingredients!
CHICKPEA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA COOKIES
MORE HEALTHY COOKIE RECIPES:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies
These chickpea cookies are loaded with peanut butter and protein and make for a truly guilt-free cookie recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 10-12 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: cookies
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour chickpeas into a strainer, then rinse them for 15 seconds or so. Place chickpeas into a food processor and pulse for approximately 10 seconds.
- Add peanut butter, syrup, vanilla, and baking soda; pulse together. The mixture or “dough” should form a large ball in the food processor.
- Remove blade from your food processor, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scooper to scoop dough out onto your baking sheet. Bake cookies for 17-20 minutes. The cookies will be slightly underdone, and that’s ok! You want them that way so that they’re soft and chewy.
Keywords: chickpea cookies, chocolate chip chickpea cookies