Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These peanut butter chickpea cookies are protein-packed and loaded with plenty of peanut butter and minimal sugar. The best part is that they’re gluten free, vegan and only 6 ingredients!
CHICKPEA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA COOKIES
MORE HEALTHY COOKIE RECIPES:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies
- 15 oz. chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or more
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour chickpeas into a strainer, then rinse them for 15 seconds or so. Place chickpeas into a food processor and pulse for approximately 10 seconds.
- Add peanut butter, syrup, vanilla, and baking soda; pulse together. The mixture or "dough" should form a large ball in the food processor.
- Remove blade from your food processor, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scooper to scoop dough out onto your baking sheet. Bake cookies for 17-20 minutes. The cookies will be slightly underdone, and that's ok! You want them that way so that they're soft and chewy.