Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Stone Fruit Salad is made with a yogurt based and topped with caramelized onions, stone fruit and butter roasted pecans for added crunch.
Guys, I’m SO excited to be partnering up with Diamond of California Nuts for the next YEAR! You know what that means, right? A year full of unique nut-filled recipes!! I’m pumped. First up is this stone fruit salad made with yogurt and topped with Diamond Nut Toppings. Have you ever tried them? The nut toppings come in four different varieties, and I opted to use the BUTTER roasted pecans in this recipe. Ugh, so good.
But first, how do we feel about stone fruit? I figured it’s the end of August, so there’s still a few more weeks left of stone fruit season before everything turns into apples and pumpkin. What better way to end the month than with peaches and plums and nectarines?!
You guys know I like putting a unique twist on most of my recipes if I can help it. Well, this stone fruit salad not only includes butter roasted pecan nut toppings and yogurt, but caramelized onions as well! Yup, I went there, because savory and sweet is my jam and because caramelized onions pair surprisingly well with all of the other ingredients in this recipe. You gotta trust me on this one!
Like I mentioned earlier, I opted to use the butter roasted pecans on top of this salad, but you could also use the maple glazed pecans, Diamond Nuts other fan favorite. As a side note, the maple glazed pecans are so good that I might have accidentally consumed an entire bag in one sitting (sorry not sorry!).
If you’re looking for a light lunch recipe or an appetizer or even just a way to use up stone fruit, this stone fruit salad is IT my friends!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Diamond of California Nuts. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
Yogurt Stone Fruit Salad
for the caramelized onions:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
for the salad:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 3 stone fruit of choice I used 1 peach, 1 plum, 1 nectarine, sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond Nut Toppings Butter Roasted Pecans
- Start by caramelizing the onions: add butter and onions to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Once butter starts to boil, lower to to a simmer, add the honey then simmer onions for 5-10 minutes, or until they become soft, stirring occasionally so that they don't burn.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt and milk together then add it to a bowl. Top the bowl with the caramelized onion, stone fruit and the pecans.
- Optional: drizzle everything with a little honey.