These Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Pancakes make a wonderful post workout or weekend morning breakfast. They contain tons of protein thanks to the chickpeas and peanut butter and they taste delicious! If you’re a peanut butter lover, you’ll love these pancakes!
FYI when I wrote “Chickpea” in the title of this post I initially wrote “chickenpea” by accident and I loled. What would a chickenpea taste like? I’m dying to know.
….clearly it’s Friday. Why? Because I’m extra, extra distracted. I’m so distracted that I actually wrote the middle/end of this post first and now I’m coming back to write this.
It makes no sense.
I’m always looking for ways to sneak in natural sources of protein. That’s not to say I dislike or never use protein powder, but if you can get protein in the form of a food then why not?! Chickpeas to the rescue!
I know I just posted a pancake recipe a few weeks ago but… forgive me? I mean no harm. I’m just hoping that my tastebuds and your tastebuds are on the same pancake-loving wavelength, and therefore craving any and all pancakes riiiiiight now.
Plus, they’re peanut butter so..
Speaking of peanut butter… I’ve been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich almost every day for the past week. Not only is it a little strange, it’s really strange because, up until a week ago, I hadn’t eaten a PB&J in YEARS because I was convinced I didn’t like jelly. Turns out I like pretty much everything (except mustard….ew), including jelly and jam, specifically fig jam like in these waffle sandwiches.
And peanut butter. And chickpeas. And peanut butter chickpea pancakes. These pancakes are…
Delicious on their own
Even more delicious with a dollop of peanut butter
Even MORE delicious smothered in chocolate and maple syrup
Awesome when you’re craving something sweet for breakfast
For anyone who loves peanut butter
For you. Yes, YOU—so now you have to make them 🙂
So there ya go… the perfect breakfast recipe for tomorrow morning! I finally did it right by posting a breakfast recipe on a Friday to make for Saturday rather than on a Monday and making you wait an entire week until you can eat them! I mean, unless you’re the type to make pancakes on a Monday morning, which I know I’m certainly not.
Also, I actually do use THAT much syrup—gross? Delicious? You tell me (delicious, obvs).
Have a great weekend!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- Place chickpeas in a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse until mashed; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, baking soda and salt together in a bowl; add chickpeas and mix together with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and syrup.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil or nonstick spray and pour batter onto skillet. Once batter starts bubbling, use spatula and carefully flip pancake over. Once both sides are cooked, remove from heat. Continue process until batter is gone.
- Optional: serve with melted chocolate and extra maple syrup
Q: Plans for the weekend? Do your weekend breakfasts vary from your weekday breakfasts?
If you like these, you’ll love…