Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Skinny Bloody Mary recipe is made with high-quality tomato juice, cucumber, jalapeño, and tequila for a delicious and easy drink that's made in a blender and ready in under 10 minutes!
Disclaimer: This post was created in partnership with Bernzomatic. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that keep this site running!
Who doesn't love a good Bloody Mary recipe?! Whether you're out to eat or making a homemade breakfast, Bloody Mary's are the ultimate brunch cocktail. Speaking of homemade breakfasts, have you ever hosted brunch before? When we think of inviting friends over, it's always dinner, but brunch is surprisingly less work and still so much fun. Plus, everyone will be blown away when they realize Bloody Mary's are involved.
The main difference between this recipe and most is that it uses tequila instead of vodka. You all know by now that tequila is my favorite, so I often opt to use it in my cocktail recipes. If you prefer vodka, use vodka! They both work. Finally, I finished my Bloody Mary with a torched finish to my lime garnish. I used the ST2000 to caramelize the lime, adding a sweet finish to my favorite savory cocktail.
BLOODY MARY INGREDIENTS
You'll need a handful of ingredients in order to make a Bloody Mary, but let me walk you through the main ingredients.
- Tomato juice: Tomato juice is the main ingredient in all Bloody Mary recipes, so I recommend choosing a high-quality one if you can. Look at the ingredients--the fewer the ingredients the better. I was able to find some really tasty tomato juice at Whole Foods, but I'm sure most grocery stores sell it.
- Cucumber: It doesn't totally matter, but I used a seedless cucumber to prevent any of the seeds from getting blended. If you do use a cucumber with seeds, don't worry because you have to strain the mixture anyway, which should remove any of the whole seeds.
- Jalapeño pepper: I ALWAYS remove the seeds in jalapeño peppers in recipes because I'm a baby, but if you want this drink to be super spicy, keep the seeds in!
HOW TO MAKE A SKINNY BLOODY MARY
Add ingredients to a blender: This step is easy--just add all of your ingredients to a blender then pulse for 1 full minute until the mixture is smooth.
Strain: Don't skip this step! It may seem unimportant or time consuming, but the truth is that it only takes about 5 minutes, and the result is SO much better. When you strain the mixture, the result is a smooth drink comparable to juice, rather than a thicker, smoothie-like texture.
Taste test: Now that the Bloody Mary has been strained, take a taste and see if it needs A) more tequila or B) more lime juice. If it doesn't add them in and stir to combine. Otherwise, you're good to go!
Caramelize the lime(s): I used my Bernzomatic ST2000 torch to caramelize the limes, which makes this cocktail seem super fancy.
TRY ONE OF THESE OTHER TEQUILA COCKTAILS
Skinny Bloody Mary
- 32 oz. tomato juice (4 cups)
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds removed
- 6 oz. tequila or more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to strain out the pulp from the vegetables.
- Pour over ice, then add garnishes.
- Use your Bernzomatic ST2000 torch to torch the lime, which will caramelize it.
- Drink up!