This Quinoa Crusted Salmon uses quinoa and breadcrumbs for added texture, flavor and nutrition and is served with a side of broccolini for a complete meal.
Gahhhh what is it about salmon that’s just SO good? A part of me feels that it’s the fact that I spent many, many years not eating salmon for reasons I’m really unsure of, that now every time I eat it it tastes extra delicious. Plus, word on the street is that it’s really good for you too. This quinoa crusted salmon is basically breaded salmon but healthier because helloooo QUINOA.
In general, I would say this is my typical way of prepping salmon, but every once in awhile I like to switch it up. This recipe has the BEST texture thanks to the quinoa, and it’s loaded with protein. Follow along for tips+tricks to make this the best salmon yet!
PAN SEARED SALMON INGREDIENTS
- egg — can sub 2 flax eggs if you want to keep this egg-free
- breadcrumbs — can sub gluten free breadcrumbs OR omit breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- parsley — fresh or dried
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS QUINOA CRUSTED SALMON
- Dry off the salmon: you want to make sure the salmon is mostly dry; otherwise, it’ll stick to your cast iron/stainless steel skillet. Just use a paper towel to gently pat it dry.
- Rinse the quinoa: this is key any time you’re cooking with quinoa! Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and give it a good rinse before transferring it onto a plate. It’s ok if it’s still wet–it’s going to taste delicious. If you don’t rinse the quinoa, it could have a bitter taste to it, and we don’t want that.
- If you want to keep this recipe egg-free and gluten free, you have two options: 1) use flax eggs in place of actual eggs and 2) either use gluten free breadcrumbs or omit the breadcrumbs altogether. The breadcrumbs will provide more flavor, but you don’t have to use them.
MORE SALMON RECIPES:
Quinoa Crusted Salmon
- 2 6 oz. salmon filets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs*
- 2 tbsp quinoa rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- Whisk egg in a bowl, and in a separate bowl combine the breadcrumbs, quinoa, salt, garlic, and parsley.
- Next heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each salmon filet into the egg mixture, and then directly into the quinoa mixture, making sure both sides are coated.
- Place salmon directly into the skillet, and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook salmon for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until salmon is cooked through.