This Pineapple Avocado Smoothie tastes like summer in a glass. Made with pineapple, yogurt, avocado, and banana, each sip is even creamier than the last!
Each sip of this ultra smooth and creamy Pineapple Avocado Smoothie will make you feel like you’re standing on the beach. Made with refreshing pineapple and creamy avocado, this tasty tropical smoothie has loads of fresh summer flavors. Pineapple isn’t just for cocktails and salsas anymore!
This easy pineapple smoothie with yogurt reminds me of my Pina Colada Smoothie. It’s just as creamy and refreshing, but made with a few extra ingredients so you can enjoy it as a filling snack or quick breakfast. I added avocado, banana, and Greek yogurt, but you can always add more, like honey, coconut, chia seeds, or mango!
- The best and most refreshing summertime smoothie.
- All you need are 5 easy ingredients.
- Each sip is creamy, luscious, and tropical tasting!
- Pineapple - Frozen is best! You can use fresh pineapple if it’s all you have at home but you may need to add an extra half frozen banana or ice cubes to thicken it up.
- Avocado - Frozen or fresh avocado will make the smoothie luscious and creamy.
- Banana - Thicken your smoothie by throwing in a frozen banana.
- Greek yogurt - For added protein, probiotics, and creaminess. Feel free to use regular plain yogurt or dairy free coconut yogurt instead.
- Almond milk - Or any dairy free milk you love.
Step 1: Add to a blender. Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender.
Step 2: Blend and enjoy. Blend until smooth, 30-60 seconds, then sip away!
Tips and FAQs
- Is the smoothie too thick? Add 1 tablespoon of dairy free milk at a time until you reach the desired texture.
- Add some fresh lime or lemon juice to give this smoothie a refreshing kick.
- You can still make this with a regular blender if you don’t own a high powered blender. You’ll need to blend it for a little longer but the smoothie should still turn out nice and smooth.
- Mango, berries, coconut, and mint all pair really nicely with pineapple. Go ahead and add any of these flavorful options to your smoothie if you have them on hand.
- Garnish the glass with a wedge of fresh pineapple, chia seeds, or toasted coconut on top!
Can I make a vegan pineapple smoothie instead?
Of course! All you have to do is swap the Greek yogurt for a plain vegan yogurt. Try to use coconut yogurt, as it pairs so nicely with pineapple.
How can I turn this into a protein smoothie?
Add a scoop of chia seeds, hemp hearts, or your favorite protein powder for added protein.
Can I make it ahead of time?
I recommend drinking the smoothie as soon as it’s ready. Avocado oxidizes and browns really easily, which will affect the flavor if you let the smoothie sit for too long.
More summer smoothie recipes
Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
- 2 cups pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk almond or coconut
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in June 2015. It was updated with new text and photos in August 2021.
Why have I never thought to put avocado in a smoothie?! GENIUS. Definitely going to try this now!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
I love pineapple and coconut together (and rum...) but never thought to add avocado. Trying this....without rum though.
Let me know if you try it WITH the rum.
Justin Druga says
Mmmmmm looks so good BIG!!! Definitely gonna have to make this sometime next week!! 🙂
P.S. I'm loving all the food recipe posts!!! 😀
THANKS BUCK 😀
Jess @hellotofit says
This has tropical, summer, and take-me-to-a-beach written all over it! YUM.
Beverley @ sweaty&fit says
you're wayyyyy faster than me in OITNB! I like to savor mine for as long as possible and only watch it maybe twice a week haha. i like how you added lemon to this smoothie! never done that before, but sounds ctirus-y!
Ahh what self control you have! I didn't completely binge-watch it like a lot of people, but I definitely enjoy some binge watching days 😀
Womp womp on the rain situation, but cheeeers to avocado smoothie! I love this tasty tropical treat - perfect for sipping on and taking you away to an island vacation, if only in your mind. I can taste the creamy dreamy flavor now! Have a great weekend and fingers crossed you get some clear weather!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health says
Your weekend sounds like perfection! Almost as perfect as this smoothie. I love pineapple and adding avocado is a genius idea!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
I simply cannot wait to try this - I've had pineapple, mango and coconut smoothies before, but never have I ever added an avocado into the mix! I can imagine just how creamy this was!
Enjoy your weekend, Erin - weekends with no plans are my jam!
Rachel @ athletic avocado says
this looks so wonderfully creamy and delicious! Im a sucker for pineapple smoothies too, love how the avocado makes it so darn thick!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
Pineapple is one of the best smoothie fruits! Haha!