Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This One Pan Fajita Pasta IS just as good as it sounds! Pasta mixes with traditional fajita ingredients–tomatoes, ground beef and cheese–to make this deliciously comforting recipe, plus it’s made in one pan in under 30 minutes.
Name someone who doesn’t love one pan recipes? That’s right, you can’t because they’re the best! This one pan fajita pasta is an awesome make-ahead dinner that you can enjoy throughout the week, yet also a quick weeknight meal for those nights when you really don’t feel like making dinner.
It kind of reminds me of my veggie fajitas but with beef, and in pasta form. ….so some may argue that it’s even better!
WHY THIS FAJITA PASTA IS THE BEST
- This recipe is made in ONE PAN (enough said)
- It can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free pasta
- It’s loaded with all the best foods: tomatoes, avocado and cheese!
HOW TO MAKE ONE PAN FAJITA PASTA
Start by sautéing the veggies, aka the peppers and onions, until they’re soft, which should take 3-5 minutes. TIP: Since this is a “one pan” meal, make sure to use a large skillet!
Next, add the ground beef, along with the spices, and cook until the beef is *almost* completely cooked. Quickly add the grape tomatoes and stir for 1-2 more minutes so that the beef is fully cooked and the tomatoes are slightly soft.
At this point, add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta, and water and then stir everything together. Simmer the pasta and place a lid on the skillet, cooking until the pasta is soft.
Stir in the cheese, then serve the whole dish with avocado! Viola–it’s like your favorite fajita recipe in pasta form.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When I made this recipe, it was just for my husband and I, so we definitely had leftovers and enjoyed them the following night for dinner.
- Don’t love beef? That’s ok! Chicken or shrimp would be delicious in this recipe
- As far as canned diced tomatoes go, I always prefer fire roasted diced tomatoes because they have more flavor
- If you do go the gluten free pasta route, expect the pasta to somewhat break as you’re stirring everything together (you can kind of see this happen in the photos). It’s not a big deal at all, it just doesn’t hold together as well as traditional pasta
OTHER TASTY PASTA RECIPES
If you make this fajita pasta, I’d love it if you could leave a star rating below. Thanks!
One Pan Fajita Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 14 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 8 oz. gluten free pasta
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado
- Add olive oil, pepper and onion to a large skillet and sauté for 3 minutes or so. Then, add the ground beef, along with the spices, and cook until the beef is *mostly* no longer pink. Next, add the grape tomatoes and cook the entire mixture for 1-2 more minutes, until beef is completely cooked and tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta, and water and stir everything together. Bring mixture to a simmer, then cover the skillet and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and water has been absorbed.
- Add cheese to the pasts and stir to combine. Serve pasta with avocado and enjoy!