This Fresh Fig Margarita is made with a homemade fig simple syrup, along with honey and a dash of orange juice for the perfect amount of sweetness.
It’s fig season and also almost Cinco de Mayo so obviously these fresh fig margaritas HAD to happen. Well, had for me, HAVE TO for you. It’s also #margaritaweek, so be sure to check out that hashtag on Instagram!
Confession: I’m not hooked on figs the way a lot of people are. I like them, but I still like a lot of other fruit better. However, I’ve seen and drank a lot of margaritas, so I wanted to create something unique that would most definitely catch my attention if I were to see it at a restaurant. Enter: a fresh fig margarita.
Actually, let’s back it up.
Margaritas are my drink of choice these days, so on nights when I go out, I typically start out with a margarita or two before switching over to wine because…. #variety. ANYWAY, what I’m trying to say is that I can easily spot a good margarita from a bad one, and this my friends is a good one. Also I’m completely biased since it’s my own recipe, but that’s beside the point.
This fresh fig margarita recipe is made by creating a simple syrup made of—you guessed it—fresh figs, and then adding honey and a little orange juice. The end result is seriously delightful and just the right amount of sweet.
So even if you weren’t planning on it, please tell me that you’re now considering celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Or at least margarita week aka drinking a margarita every day leading up to Cinco de Mayo. Is that too much? No, I didn’t think so. Bring on all the tacos and margs!!Print
Fresh Fig Margarita
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/4 cup fig syrup (see below)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec
- Club soda
- For the fig syrup:
- 12 fresh figs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Start by making the fig syrup: combine figs, water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 15-20 minutes, allowing the figs to break down.
- Pour syrup through a fine mesh strainer and into a jar; store in the refrigerator.
- To make the margaritas: add fig syrup, orange juice, honey, tequila, and triple sec to a cocktail shaker and shake until combined.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice, then top them off with club soda.