This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
Made with vanilla-rosemary simple syrup, this Iced Vanilla Rosemary Latte will keep you cool and leave your feeling energetic all summer long. Make the simple syrup ahead of time, then prep your latte in under 5 minutes!
Monday mornings call for an extra shot of espresso, don't you think? This iced vanilla rosemary latte is made with rosemary simple syrup, and I honestly can't think of a better way to kick off the week.
This recipe is 100% inspired by a latte I had at DiAnoia's Eatery here in Pittsburgh -- it was love at first sip and I knew I hate to recreate it!
Sugar - granulated/cane is best
Rosemary - around a 4" sprig is what you want
Vanilla / vanilla bean - using a combination of vanilla bean and vanilla extra is going to result in the best vanilla flavor; however, you can omit the vanilla bean if you don't want to buy them (they're a tad pricey!)
Step 1: Make the simple syrup. Add sugar, water, rosemary, vanilla bean, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour syrup through a mesh strainer and wait until it cools before using.
Step 2: Make your latte. Add simple syrup to the bottom of a glass, then add ice, milk and pour espresso over top.
Tips & FAQs
- You don't have to add the vanilla bean. The vanilla bean will add more vanilla flavor to the drink, but they're a tad pricey, so if you don't want to buy them you can omit them.
How long will the simple syrup last?
Honestly? A long time! Just store it in a jar with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 30 days, though I'm sure it tastes good even past that.
What kind of milk should I use?
Any kind! I love using oat milk in lattes, but any kind of milk will pair well with the simple syrup.
What if I don't have an espresso machine?
You don't have to make a latte. This simple syrup is delicious in cold brew, or even in your usual cup of hot coffee.
More delicious drink recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Iced Vanilla Rosemary Latte
for the syrup:
for the drink:
- 1-2 tablespoon vanilla rosemary syrup
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1-2 oz. espresso
- To make the syrup: add sugar, water, rosemary, and vanilla extract to a saucepan. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean and place them in the pan, and then place the whole bean in the pan too. Bring mix to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, pour syrup through a fine mesh strainer and into a glass container. Allow syrup to cool before using.
- For the drink: add syrup the bottom of your glass then fill the glass with ice. Pour milk over top, then add the espresso. Stir everything together, the add more syrup and/or sugar to taste.