This iced golden milk turmeric latte contains all the healthy ingredients of golden milk but with espresso and over ice. It’s the perfect drink to cool you down on a warm day and leave you feeling rejuvenated.
It’s a turmeric latte kind of day! Let’s be honest though, every day is a latte day for me. Like many people, I look forward to drinking coffee every morning. Though I like the taste of regular ‘ole coffee, I really enjoy switching it up. Iced coffee with milk, bulletproof coffee, iced lattes, coffee smoothies, and yes, even a golden milk turmeric latte from time to time. Though a lot of people like it before bed, but I try not to drink too many liquids before bed and tend to prefer drinking golden milk in the afternoon.
Anyway, if you love golden milk, you’ll love it with a little boost of caffeine. If you’ve never tried it, read on to learn more about why you might wanna hop on the turmeric latte train.
WHAT IS GOLDEN MILK
Be definition, golden milk is “a warm beverage that utilizes the benefits of turmeric in combination with other healthy ingredients.” Traditional golden milk ingredients include turmeric, coconut milk, cinnamon, black pepper, honey, and ginger.
GOLDEN MILK BENEFITS
Consuming turmeric has many benefits, including aiding in digestion and liver function, plus it’s loaded with antioxidants. It’s also been known to reduce inflammation, help with brain function and protect against heart problems. Honestly, we should ALL be consuming turmeric on a regular basis.
HOW TO MAKE A TURMERIC LATTE
There’s a difference between golden milk and a golden milk latte: the latte includes coffee/espresso while the milk does not. You can 100% make yourself a warm glass of golden milk and drink it as-is, but since I’m always trying to add coffee to everything, I opted to make a latte—correction: iced latte—instead.
Traditional golden milk calls for ground black pepper, but since we’re adding coffee I found it best to omit the pepper.
A golden milk latte is really easy to prepare, so listen up.
- First, add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Then, blend for about 30 second until everything is combined.
VIOLA, that’s it! Alternatively, you can add the ingredients to a saucepan and heat oven medium, then place them in the refrigerator to fully chill. This will result in a thinner drink (when blended, it becomes a bit thicker). So, depending on if you’re particular about texture, you may want to go with option two.
CAN I MAKE THIS WITHOUT AN ESPRESSO MACHINE?
Yes! If you do own an espresso machine (I own this one), simply use that to make your espresso. If not, there are a few alternatives you can take.
- 1. Buy espresso powder—this kind if my favorite–and simply stir it into warm water to create espresso.
- 2. Use instant coffee instead.
- 3. Omit the espresso! I think the espresso adds a nice flavor and a boost of caffeine, but you can 100% make this drink without it and still reap the benefits.
OTHER DELICIOUS DRINK RECIPES
Iced Golden Milk Turmeric Latte (Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 oz. espresso
- Heat coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat; add syrup, turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger and whisk everything together.
- Once warm, pour liquid into a glass container and place in the refrigerator until it's cooled down.
- Before serving: fill glass with ice them fill it up 3/4 of the way with the turmeric milk. Then, pour 1-2 shots of espresso over top and stir to combine.