Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet and spicy Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are pan fried to crispy perfection before they’re quickly finished in the oven. Tender, golden brown, and ready in only 15 minutes, this vegetarian side dish couldn’t be easier!
I have the perfect solution to get even the pickiest of eaters to fall in love with brussels sprouts (that doesn’t include putting them on a pizza): dress them in a sweet and spicy sauce!
These Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are pan fried to perfection before being slathered in the irresistible 4-ingredient glaze. Not too spicy and packed with flavor, it’s the ultimate side dish to pair with Kale Pesto Pizza or add to a Sesame Quinoa Bowl.
Pan frying brussels sprouts always results in delectable crispy edges, but finishing them off with a quick roast in the oven ensures they’re tender all the way through to the inside. Plus, you can’t beat the delicious-looking golden brown color. Try them for a super easy side dish with your weeknight dinners!
- A healthy and flavorful side dish made with 5 simple ingredients.
- Naturally gluten free, vegetarian, and easy to make vegan.
- Ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
- Ghee, butter, or olive oil - All three have a high smoke point and will help crisp up the brussels sprouts as they pan fry, so feel free to use what you like.
- Brussels sprouts - They must be fresh!
- Honey - Swap this with maple syrup or agave syrup to make it vegan.
- Sriracha - For a small touch of heat! Feel free to use your favorite hot sauce or chili sauce instead.
Step 1: Prep the pan and brussels sprouts. Melt the butter, ghee, or oil in an oven-safe skillet. Place the brussels sprouts in the pan cut-side down. Pour the additional butter/ghee/oil over top.
Step 2: Pan fry the brussels sprouts. Let them pan fry (undisturbed) until the cut side is golden brown and charred.
Step 3: Make the sauce. Whisk the honey, sriracha, melted butter/ghee/oil, and salt together in a small bowl.
Step 4: Add the sauce and roast. Take the skillet off of the heat and pour the sauce over top. Roast the brussels sprouts in the oven until they’re tender and golden brown, then enjoy!
Expert tips and FAQs
- Whatever you do, don’t move the brussels sprouts around while they pan fry! This is key for getting them crisp and golden brown.
- You can add fresh lime or lemon juice to the sauce for a touch of brightness.
- Don’t lower the temperature. High heat is the secret to crisp, never mushy brussels sprouts.
- Eating this as a meal? Top the brussels sprouts with red chili flakes, scallions, sesame seeds, chili oil, or toasted cashews for extra flavor and garnish.
How do you prepare brussels sprouts?
Wash the brussels sprouts, cut off the woody ends, and remove any loose leaves or those with blemishes. A few loose leaves in the dish is fine because they crisp up and add an extra crunch to each bite. From there, cut each one in half and you’re good to go!
Can I roast brussels sprouts in the oven?
If you’d prefer to skip pan frying the brussels sprouts, toss them in the honey sriracha sauce and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Save some of the sauce for serving. Roast the glazed brussels sprouts for 15 to 20 minutes in a 400ºF oven or until they’re tender and golden brown.
What pairs well with glazed brussels sprouts?
Since this side dish is both sweet and spicy, I recommend pairing it with a cooling cucumber salad and General Tso’s tofu or honey soy salmon as the main. You can also use them as a side dish foto bring some excitement to the holiday menu or top them on a loaded grain bowl or bahn mi bowl.
More vegetarian side dishes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoon butter or olive oil; divided
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts halved
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sriracha or more
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter (or add 1 tablespoon olive oil) in a large, oven-safe skillet (like a cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Add the brussels sprouts cut side down, then add an additional 1 tablespoon butter/oil to the skillet.
- Pan-fry the sprouts for 5 minutes, making sure not to disturb them (this ensures they get golden brown!).
- Next, melt the last tablespoon of butter in the microwave, then whisk the butter, honey, sriracha, and salt together in a bowl. Remove the skillet from the heat, then pour the honey sriracha butter over top. Place the skillet in the oven and cook the sprouts for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!