Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These Thai Peanut Cauliflower Steaks are roasted to perfection and then drizzled with a savory peanut sauce. Perfect for lunch, dinner or as a snack!
Ohhhh my oh my—how I adore cauliflower steaks but how I loathe that they’re called cauliflower steaks. I know that’s the term, I know they’re “in” right now, but I can’t get over the term. Scratch that, I’m going to have to because clearly I’m on board!
If you are unfamiliar with cauliflower steaks, they’re simply cauliflower that’s been sliced long-ways and then roasted to perfection. The stalk of cauliflower tends to be pretty thick, so you do have to use a fork and knife to cut them, similar to a steak. So really, it just makes sense, I just have a hard time keeping up with food trends sometimes.
Apologies for being M.I.A. yesterday. Essentially, Miguel and I got home later than planned Sunday night and in between that time my brother called me to tell me Layla, who he was dog sitting, had ran away. I obviously starting sobbing—I don’t like thinking of my life without her in it—but luckily he found her five or so minutes later. What I’m saying it, I was physically and emotionally exhausted, which sounds incredibly dramatic, but it’s true! We had the BEST time with our friends and Miguel’s family in DC and I wouldn’t have changed it for a thing, I just couldn’t quite get my brain in “writing mode” on the commute home Sunday.
You understand, right?
Ok back to these STEAKS.
If there’s one sauce that I am obsessed with yet don’t make nearly enough it’s thai peanut sauce. Oh myyyyy it is GOOD, and every time I do have it I get mad at myself for not making it more often. I think it has something to do with the fact that when I hear “peanut” I think of peanut butter, and who wants to eat cauliflower and peanut butter? But it’s not like that! It’s more like a savory peanut sauce, which does pair really well with vegetables.
Perhaps the best part about these thai peanut cauliflower steaks are that they’re quick, fool-proof, and can be enjoyed as lunch, dinner or simply as a snack. WIN.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and then slice cauliflower long-ways into four even pieces (don't worry if they aren't perfect!) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Brush cauliflower with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and golden brown on edges.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prep the sauce by combining all ingredients in a food processor blender and pulsing until smooth.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over cauliflower OR scoop it into a small dish and dip cauliflower into sauce.
**You will most likely have extra peanut sauce, and that's ok! You can easily use it in this peanut wrap.