This creamy, Healthy Gingerbread Mousse requires just FIVE minutes of prep and ONE bowl to make! Dessert doesn’t get much simpler than this.
This gingerbread mousse is one of the easiest holiday dessert recipes. Yes really! I know everyone is obsessed with chocolate peppermint, but I myself am a huge fan of all things gingerbread. Oh, and it’s even better tasting when it’s secretly HEALTHY.
This recipe is dairy free and vegan-friendly because the base is made with coconut cream–woohoo! It’s an easy and tasty make-ahead dessert recipe that’s made even better when topped with cool whip (you should be able to find dairy free cool whip at the grocery store).
WHY YOU NEED THIS GINGERBREAD MOUSSE
- It tastes like gingerbread in a cup
- The texture is silky smooth
- It requires just 5 minutes of prep work!
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD MOUSSE
Start by whisking the coconut cream, syrup, vanilla, and molasses together. I recommend using an electric hand mixer for this, as the coconut cream may be tough to stir by hand.
Once the mixture is smooth, all of the spices and stir to combine. When everything is mixed, you may notice a few small lumps in the mixture from the coconut cream. Don’t freak out! This is normal. However, if it really bothers you, you can transfer the mixture to a blender and blend it until it’s completely smooth.
After that, pour the mixture into jars and refrigerate them overnight, which will allow the mixture to set and turn into delicious, dairy free mousse.
OTHER DAIRY FREE DESSERT RECIPES
Healthy Gingerbread Mousse
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream refrigerated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp+1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Make sure you refrigerate the coconut cream for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Scoop coconut cream out into a large bowl; using an electric mixer, stir in syrup, molasses and vanilla.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all spice; stir until everything is combined. If there are tiny lumps in your mixture and that bothers you, pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. It's ok if it's slightly liquid-y--it will harden and turn mousse-like once refrigerated.
- Pour mixture into two glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream (dairy free for vegan) and graham crackers and enjoy!