An easy, kid-friendly Almond Butter Sandwich that's filled with almond butter and Nutella. It makes for a great afternoon snack, and is ready in just 5 minutes!
- An easy kid-friendly recipe
- Delicious as an afternoon snack or even as dessert
Bread - your favorite sandwich bread
Almond butter - I used creamy, but crunchy would work too
Nutella - either store bought or homemade Nutella (my homemade recipe is only 2 ingredients!)
Step 1: Butter the bread. You're going to prep this sandwich similarly to how you'd prep a grilled cheese, which starts by buttering one side of each slice of bread.
Step 2: Add the almond butter. Spread almond butter on one slice of bread, and Nutella on the other, then pan fry the sandwich over medium heat for 2 minutes on the first side, and 1 minute on the second until it's golden brown on both sides.
- Use whipped butter, or soften the butter beforehand so it's easier to spread
- Can use creamy OR crunchy almond butter
- Don't love Nutella? Try using jelly/jam instead!
More sandwich recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Almond Butter Sandwich
- 2 slices bread any kind
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon Nutella store bought or homemade
- Spread each piece of bread with a bit of butter on one side (like you would a regular grilled cheese).
- On the opposite side of one piece spread the regular almond butter. Place that piece of bread butter side down onto a frying pan.
- On the other piece of bread spread Nutella on the opposite side of the butter side and place butter side up on the frying pan. Grill for 2 minutes, then flip over and grill for 1 minute.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in May 2014. It was updated with new text and photos in August 2020.
DROOOOL. I've never made a grilled almond butter sandwich. I actually want to make my own cocoa almond butter since the first ingredient of TJ'S is sugar, sadly. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend!
Why didn't I think of this before?! Haha. I can't choose between almond and peanut butter, I'm obsessed with both! Never tried cocoa almond butter, but I have a sneaky suspicion I'd totally love it 😉
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health says
You're making me regret the fact that I just brushed my teeth, otherwise I would have to get up and make one of these immediately! I'm officially drooling.
I'm one of the sorry suckers who keeps buying $13 vanilla almond butter. Its like my crack. I can't help it! But it you buy it online then you can get it for cheaper. Just a small tip from one crackhead to another. 😉
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats says
This sandwich looks amazing!! We don't have fancy nut butter flavours here yet like cocoa butter but it sounds yum.
I've thought about getting Justin's almond butter shipped over here but didn't realize for you guys it was already expensive at $15. So for me to pay that plus postage it would be $30 which I couldn't justify 😉