This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclaimer.
An easy, kid-friendly Almond Butter Sandwich that's filled with almond butter and Nutella. It makes for a great afternoon snack, and is ready in just 5 minutes!
- An easy kid-friendly recipe
- Delicious as an afternoon snack or even as dessert
Bread - your favorite sandwich bread
Almond butter - I used creamy, but crunchy would work too
Nutella - either store bought or homemade Nutella (my homemade recipe is only 2 ingredients!)
Step 1: Butter the bread. You're going to prep this sandwich similarly to how you'd prep a grilled cheese, which starts by buttering one side of each slice of bread.
Step 2: Add the almond butter. Spread almond butter on one slice of bread, and Nutella on the other, then pan fry the sandwich over medium heat for 2 minutes on the first side, and 1 minute on the second until it's golden brown on both sides.
- Use whipped butter, or soften the butter beforehand so it's easier to spread
- Can use creamy OR crunchy almond butter
- Don't love Nutella? Try using jelly/jam instead!
More sandwich recipes
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Almond Butter Sandwich
- Spread each piece of bread with a bit of butter on one side (like you would a regular grilled cheese).
- On the opposite side of one piece spread the regular almond butter. Place that piece of bread butter side down onto a frying pan.
- On the other piece of bread spread Nutella on the opposite side of the butter side and place butter side up on the frying pan. Grill for 2 minutes, then flip over and grill for 1 minute.
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published in May 2014. It was updated with new text and photos in August 2020.