This Gluten Free Pad Thai is made with cauliflower pearls and tons of veggies and topped with a fried egg for good measure!
You know how I feel about Mondays…. I love them. They’re way better than Tuesdays and Wednesdays because you get to start the week fresh both in terms of productivity and in terms of eating. I feel like every week I start off really strong and then end with pizza and/or tacos. It’s just the way I operate, and I’m honestly not mad about it. But, since it’s Monday, I’m trying to fit in all my fruits and veggies. Hopefully you’re kind of sort of on board with that.
I’m also not a fan of meals that take very long to cook, especially on Mondays because helloooooo, I’m tired. Luckily, this meal takes all of 10 minutes to put together thanks to my friends over at Taylor Farms. Have you seen their stir fry kits at your local grocery store? If you have, GREAT. If not, use this store locator to see if there’s a store near you that carries them. They’re an AWESOME way to squeeze in some veggies and put a meal together in no time at all.
….like this gluten free pad thai, for example. It’s made with their Pad Thai stir fry kit, which comes with a ton of veggies, like carrots, broccoli, kale, and peas and includes a pre-made pad thai sauce, so all you have to do is sauté the veggies, add the sauce and that’s it!
For this recipe, I used the Taylor Farms cauliflower pearls as my base (the same ones I used for this chili recipe), but between you and me, I also added a little bit of white rice into the mix per my husband’s request. If you refer to the recipe below, I give the option to use only cauliflower pearls or to use a mixture of pearls and rice, whatever you prefer!
Besides the pre-made mix, I added in some shiitake mushrooms, shallots and a fried egg for good measure, and this meal was filled with flavor and nutrition and, like I said before, it came together in about 10 minutes. Talk about a win!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Taylor Farms. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
- 1 bag 32 oz. Taylor Farms cauliflower pearls*
- 1 bag 11 oz. Taylor Farms Pad Thai stir fry kit
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon shallot chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup purple cabbage
- 2 eggs
- Optional: green onions for topping
- Cook the cauliflower pearls according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add shallot and mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or so.
- Then, add the stir fry kit vegetables and the cabbage and continue to stir, sautéing the vegetables to your liking. Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, fry the two eggs.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove skillet from the heat and add the pad thai sauce, stirring so that the vegetables are coated.
- Pour cauliflower pearls into a bowl then top it with the vegetables and eggs.
I love how this plate looks. Its looks so colorful and appealing. I would love to have it except I tried all the stores and also the online store locator for which you have provided the link but it'snot available where I live. Can you please please share the recipe for making it without the kit? I'm sure there must be one.
Hi Kelly! Ahh I'm sorry the kits aren't sold in your area. If you go on their site you'll be able to see all the ingredients that are inside the kit to make your own, and then you can kind of "wing" your own pad thai sauce--I'd recommend rice vinegar, tamari, onion, garlic, brown sugar... maybe some chili paste. You can absolutely look up a recipe for gluten free pad thai sauce!