These healthy Cheesy Broccoli Potato Burgers are a delicious veggie burger recipe. They're made with broccoli, potatoes, shallots, and cheddar cheese and can be served on their own or with a burger bun. If you're looking for a quick recipe to meal prep, this is it!
- Quick veggie burger that holds together nicely
- Ready in a little over 30 minutes
- Easy for meal prepping, so lunch or dinner will be ready when you need it
Egg - haven't tested these with a flax egg, but I imagine it'd work
Breadcrumbs - plain or plain gluten free breadcrumbs
Step 1: Cook broccoli and potatoes. Add broccoli florets and diced potatoes to a saucepan. Fill it with water, then bring to a boil and boil until potatoes are soft.
Step 2: Add ingredients to a food processor. Place broccoli, potatoes, shallots, bell pepper, and egg to your food processor and pulse until everything is combined. Then, transfer everything to a bowl and stir in the cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper by hand.
Step 3: Use your hands to form mixture into 6 burgers. Add oil to a large skillet, then pan-fry the burgers until they're golden brown on both sides.
FAQs and Tips
Can these burgers be made vegan?
Yep! Simply use a flax egg in place of the egg and use vegan cheddar cheese. Alternatively, you can completely omit the cheese, but it does add more flavor to these burgers, so if you're going to omit it, I recommend serving the burgers with a flavorful sauce.
How should I store these?
Store burgers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To freeze: wait for burgers to cool, then place them in a plastic bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What to serve with these burgers
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Tomato Bacon Green Bean Salad
- Cucumber Spears with Whipped Feta
- Everything Bagel Green Beans
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Burgers
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 russet potato diced
- 2 tablespoon shallot
- ¼ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Place broccoli and potato in a large saucepan; cook until soft.
- Add broccoli, potato, shallots, bell pepper, and egg to your food processor and pulse until combined; scoop mixture out into a bowl. Stir in the cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to form mixture into burgers, then pan fry them for approximately 5 minutes per side. Enjoy!
UPDATE: This post was originally published in March 2015. It was updated with new text and photos in June 2020.