Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
An elegant meal in only 10 minutes? Sign me up! These Air Fryer Lamb Chops are marinated with rosemary and garlic and are an easy, flavorful main dish you can enjoy for both date nights and weeknight dinners.
I love a good lamb chop and normally save them for special occasions, but cooking them in the air fryer allows me to make them much more often.
My easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops are ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes and are seasoned with a few aromatics to give them a burst of flavor. With a Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts Salad and Mashed Sweet Potatoes on the side, this meal is sure to stand out and impress your guests or family!
To prepare, the lamb chops are quickly marinated in olive oil, garlic, and rosemary before they’re cooked to perfection. The air fryer is like a secret weapon when cooking meat. Acting like a convection oven, the dry heat circulates all around the food, giving lamb, chicken, or anything you’re cooking a crispy crust on the outside and a soft and tender inside.
- It’s so fast! Slice into these tender chops in under 10 minutes.
- There’s virtually no cleanup.
- Customize the flavors using your favorite seasonings or marinades.
- Forget about babysitting. Let the air fryer do all the work while you prepare the sides (or the wine).
Rib chops: I recommend using rib chops because of their high fat content. This makes them extra tender and caramelized as they cook. The air fryer method wouldn’t work as well if you were to use a leaner cut like shoulder chops.
Lamb chop marinade: This simple herb marinade is made from olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Soaking the chops in the marinade for at least 1 hour enhances the flavor of each bite like you wouldn’t believe.
Step 1: Marinate the lamb chops. Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, then leave the chops to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Prepare your air fryer. Preheat the air fryer so the chops can cook quickly and end up with a nice sear.
Step 3: Air fry the lamb chops. Place the marinated lamb chops on the bottom of the air fryer basket and cook. Cook lamb for 7-10 minutes total, flipping them halfway through.
Step 4. Remove and serve. Remove the cooked lamb chops when their internal temperature is at 145°F.
Tips and tricks
-Every air fryer is different! It’s best to check the lamb chops frequently as they cook. This will help you figure out if they need to come out early or spend a few extra minutes cooking.
-Use a meat thermometer to ensure the lamb is cooked through. Cook time varies depending on the thickness of the chops. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is at least 145°F.
-The lamb should marinate for at least 1 hour before air frying but can be left for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
-You can also use lamb leg chops in this recipe but be aware they may have more of a gamey taste than rib chops.
-You can purchase lamb chops on their own or save some money by buying a rack and cutting it yourself.
-The marinade can be made 2 to 3 days ahead of time. Store it in a sealed container in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
What should I serve these with?
For a filling meal, pair the chops with my hearty Air Fryer Potato Wedges and Cilantro Lime Brown Rice. Lighten things up with a few greens and veggies on the side as well! My Sun-Dried Tomato Salad, Butternut Squash Farro Salad, or Air Fryer Carrots would all be nutritious and delicious options.
Storage and reheating
- Refrigerator: Cooked and cooled air fryer lamb chops can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or a sealed bag. They will stay fresh for 1 to 2 days.
- Reheating: The best way to reheat lamb chops is in your oven or air fryer. Place them on an oven-safe dish tented with foil or air fryer basket and reheat at 325ºF for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.
More air fryer recipes:
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- 1 lb. lamb rib chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl, then stir so that the lamb is coated. Place bowl in the refrigerator and allow the lamb to marinate for 1 hour.
- Once you're ready to cook, preheat your air fryer to 400°. Use kitchen tongs to place the lamb chops into your air fryer, making sure they don't overlap. Cook them for 7-10 minutes total, flipping them halfway through. You'll know they're cooked once they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.