This brown butter Brussels sprouts salad is made with Brussels sprouts, pancetta and arugula and drizzled with delicious balsamic brown butter you’ve ever had.
Ohhh my my, the most magical brown butter Brussels sprouts salad you’ve ever seen! I had a very similar salad while in San Juan and it completely stole my heart (if a salad can do that sort of thing).
You guys loved my Brussels sprouts pizza, so I figured I’d create another Brussels sprouts recipe for ya because you really can’t go wrong with any sort of Brussels sprouts salad, in my opinion. Brussels sprouts are so versatile, so hopefully you’ll give this one a try.
This salad is filled with all the goods, including Brussels sprouts (obviously…), arugula, pancetta, parmesan, and BALSAMIC brown butter!!! <—that’s the not-so-secret secret to getting this salad to go from good to great. When I’d first thought to recreate the salad recipe I had on vacation, I knew what ingredients I wanted to keep and which ones I wanted to omit, but I had no idea how they got the dressing to taste so darn good. It looked like balsamic but it tasted….better than regular balsamic. I’m convinced the formula for getting something to taste better is to just add butter. It works nearly every time.
For this salad, you’ll start by cooking the pancetta then saving the leftover grease to cook the Brussels sprouts in. YUMMMMM. Then you’ll add the parmesan cheese so that it melts a little bit THEN add half of the brown butter, top the whole thing with arugula, then add the rest of the brown butter. It kind of sort of reminds me of my favorite green bean salad, which I know some of you have made and loved.
So, cheers to sort of healthy and very delicious Brussels sprouts salads!Print
Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts Salad
This brown butter brussels sprouts salad is made with cooked brussels sprouts, pancetta and arugula and drizzled with the most delicious balsamic brown butter dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: lunch
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: salad
- 1 cup (4 oz.) pancetta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping cup arugula
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook the pancetta in a large nonstick skillet. Once it’s cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta but save the grease. Place pancetta in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, then cook the brussels sprouts in the skillet over medium-high heat until they’re browned to your liking. Pour brussels sprouts and remaining oil into the bowl with the pancetta, then sprinkle cheese over top and stir to combine.
- Next, make the dressing. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn it! You want it to be a golden brown color. Pour butter into a bowl, then add the balsamic; stir to combine, then drizzle HALF of it over top of the brussels sprouts mixture.
- Pour mixture out onto a plate or into a large bowl, then top it with the arugula. Drizzle arugula with the rest of the brown butter.
Keywords: brussels sprouts salad, brown butter brussels sprouts