This Roasted Cauliflower Crustless Quiche is vegetarian, gluten free and packed with veggies and cheese!
I could eat eggs every day and never tire of them. Oh wait, I already do, though I wasn’t always this egg obsessed. In fact, before I started dating Miguel, I was much more of a cereal and/or granola for breakfast kinda gal. Then when we started living together back in 2013, Miguel would make himself eggs for breakfast every morning, and I would enviously stare at his eggs, then back at my cereal, then at his eggs again. Truthfully, the eggs just always looked—ok, smelled—so much better. And that ladies and gents is how my egg craze started. Plus the fact that since he was already making eggs for himself, he’d just make them for me too, which is how I successfully convinced Miguel to be the “breakfast maker” in our household. Still not mad about it.
I’m not too picky when it comes to eggs, either. I’ll eat ‘em scrambled, hard boiled, over easy, in frittata form, or in this case, in quiche! Crustless quiche, to be exact. I’ll be honest, I love regular quiche—the crust is just so darn tasty—but if there’s one thing breakfast needs to be, it needs to be quick, and making tradition quiche, crust and all, is absolutely not quick. That’s when crustless quiche becomes the answer to all of your problems!
Like many egg bakes, this crustless quiche is a simple breakfast to whip up on day and enjoy for the next several days. Talk about stress-free breakfasts! This quiche recipes is filled with roasted cauliflower, tarragon (secretly my favorite herb), parmesan cheese, AND burrata cheese. It’s vegetarian, gluten free, and sure to please picky eaters thanks to the cheese!
This recipe is EASY to prep, though it does require some time because you have to roasted the cauliflower first and then add it to the quiche. It’s worth it though, I promise!
Eggs for days, people, eggs for days!
- 3 cups cauliflower
- ⅓ cup fresh tarragon
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Arugula or any type of greens for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place cauliflower and 2 tbsp tarragon onto a baking sheet, drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roasted for approximately 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden around the edges.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl; add parmesan cheese, the rest of the tarragon, salt and pepper ,and HALF the burrata cheese; stir.
- Line an 8" cake pan with parchment paper and then grease the sides of the pan with coconut oil; set aside.
- Once the cauliflower has roasted, add the roasted cauliflower and tarragon to the bowl and stir.
- Pour egg mixture into the cake pan and then place it in the even. Bake quiche for approximately 45 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow it to sit for 10 minutes in the pan before taking a knife around the edges and carefully inverting it onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle quiche with greens of choice, more parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and enjoy!