This three layer Vegan Vanilla Cake is moist, made with easy-to-find ingredients and is topped with a smooth chai spice icing. You must try it!
Oh my gosh, a vegan vanilla cake just for you!
As much as I love chocolate, sometimes I’m craving something a little… simpler. Something slightly less sweet with a side of chai spice. You too?! This simple vegan cake recipe is perfectly moist and easy to whip up. It’s made with easy to find ingredients and I’ve made in at least 10 times and it’s never failed me.
With that said, let me tell you more about this cake.
THE BEST VEGAN VANILLA CAKE RECIPE
I guarantee you won’t be able to tell this cake is vegan! Like I mentioned, it’s the right amount of sweet and perfectly moist, and here’s why:
- Butter – if you’re keeping this vegan, be sure to use dairy free butter, but butter pretty much guarantees a delicious cake
- Applesauce – here’s where the moist-ness comes into play. The secret ingredient is applesauce!
- Milk – ANY milk should work in this recipe, so use what you have on hand (of course use dairy free if you’re keeping this cake vegan).
CHAI SPICE ICING
This cake recipe is a three layer vanilla cake topped with a thick icing made from powdered sugar and milk, along with CHAI SPICES. It’s husband-approved and my husband’s coworkers also approved. In fact, I was informed this dessert was dubbed the favorite by one of his coworkers. Now how’s that for an endorsement?
If you aren’t into chai, you can omit the spices and enjoy a simple vanilla cake with vanilla icing. If you’re looking for that perfect vegan dessert for that one vegan family member, this is THE cake! Trust me.
MORE ALMOND EATER CAKE RECIPESPrint
Vegan Vanilla Cake with Chai Spice Icing
This three layer Vegan Vanilla Cake is moist, made with easy-to-find ingredients and topped with a smooth chai spice icing that’s sure to please!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: One 3 tier 6" cake 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: cake
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves, all spice and cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together; add milk, applesauce, vinegar, and vanilla to that bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until everything is mixed together, being careful not to over-stir.
- Grease three 6″ cake pans with nonstick spray or coconut oil and then pour batter evenly into pans, banging them on the countertop a few times so the batter evens out.
- Bake cakes for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cakes are done, leave them in the pans for 10 minutes before carefully transferring them onto a cooling rack. Wait until cakes are completely cook before icing them.
- For the icing: cream powdered sugar and butter together; add milk, vanilla and spices to the bowl and mix with an electric mixer until everything is smooth.
- To assemble: Once the cakes have cooked, remove the “dome” from each cake so that the tops of the cakes are flat. Next, ice the top of one of those cakes using a generous amount of icing and then place a second cake overtop, using the icing as glue to hold them together. Repeat this again for the third and final layer. Last, ice the top and sides of the cake.
- Cut and enjoy!
Keywords: cake, vegan cake, vanilla cake, vegan vanilla cake, chai cake, dessert