This Vanilla Cold Brew Cocktail combines cold brew coffee with vanilla-flavored rum and a rosemary simple syrup—it’s the perfect wintertime cocktail!
Coffee recipes make my heart sing. I don’t care if it’s a drink recipe, a breakfast recipe or a dessert recipe — I love them all, and I know you do too. This vanilla cold brew cocktail will be your new favorite this holiday season.
When Bom Bom first reached out to me, I was very intrigued by their product but also a little unsure. You see, rum is not my first choice of alcohol (it’s certainly not my last, either), but their products are made with DAIRY FREE MILK—yes really—and they come in a variety of flavors. For this recipe, I opted to use the Nilli Vanilli, which is made with rum, almondmilk and vanilla flavoring and I’m not even joking when I say you could easily just drink it by itself over ice. Bom Bom's newest flavor, Fully Baked, is made with hemp seed milk and rum. Pretty cool, right?
True story: you can barely taste the alcohol in this cocktail, which is both delightful and a little scary if you know what I mean, but ultimately it makes this cold brew cocktail taste pretty darn close to your morning coffee, with a little added sweetness of course.
Note: You may need to adjust the amount of syrup you use. Most likely if you use cold brew, you’ll need more syrup and if you use regular brewed coffee, you’ll need less.
First, you’ll want to start by making the rosemary vanilla syrup, which I recommend doing ahead of time if possible since it needs to be at room temperature before using. Then, you’ll simply combine the syrup with cold brew/brewed coffee, Bom Bom and a splash of milk. It’s creamy, delicious and perfect for holiday parties and/or NEW YEAR’S EVE.
Want to try Bom Bom for yourself? Check out their store locator to see where you can purchase some for yourself.
Disclaimer: this post is sponsored by Bom Bom. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that help support this site!
Rosemary Vanilla Cold Brew Cocktail
for the syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 rosemary sprig
for the cocktail:
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 2 oz. Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli
- 2-4 tablespoon rosemary syrup*
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Start by making the simple syrup: add sugar, water, vanilla, and rosemary to a saucepan and bring to a boil; then, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow syrup to come to room temperature before using.
- For the cocktail: fill 2 glasses with ice then set aside. Next, combine cold brew, syrup and milk in a cocktail shaker; shake to combine, then pour into a glass. Last, pour Bom Bom overtop and stir with a spoon. Alternatively, you can add Bom Bom to the cocktail shaker and combine it that way.