Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Lettuce topped with roasted red potatoes and brussels sprouts and topped with bacon, goat cheese, and a creamy, flavor-packed leek dressing.
Another salad recipe? Yes. If there’s anytime to post a salad recipe, it’s in January. I’m just [trying] to do my job as a food blogger, but let’s ignore the fact that I made two dessert-ish recipes yesterday. Balance, friends! It’s always important to start the week off right, so I figured we should chat about salad and the weekend on this fine Monday.
First, the weekend. Miguel and I went out to eat at Banh Mi & Ti (i.e. my new fav Vietnamese restaurant) and then met up with some friends afterward. Miguel spent the rest of the weekend working, so I spent it creating recipes, hangin’ with my girl (Layla) and with my mama, who kept me company Saturday afternoon. I feel like there was a heat wave throughout the entire country, yes? Maybe? It was SO warm this weekend, which I loved and also hated because it’s not normal. And then I spent Saturday night watching Parent Trap. This may be an arguable statement, but it’s definitely Lindsay Lohan’s best movie. I know I know—what about Mean Girls? Yeah, it’s good but Parent Trap is better. She has to play two characters!
Woof, where was I? Ahhhh, salad.
This brussels sprouts salad is topped with roasted brussels sprouts and red potatoes, bacon, goat cheese, and an easy peasy leek dressing. I know I just said I hate making my own dressing—and I really do—but I had leeks that I needed to use up and I figured dressing would be a good way to do so! Of course it has an olive oil base because I literally don’t know how to create a dressing without olive oil in it.
Admittedly, the dressing is my favorite part of this recipe, but let’s not forget the red potatoes! And sprouts, but I feel like we’ve talked about brussels sprouts a trillion times. Red potatoes remind me of my childhood because my mom made them fairly regularly, but I don’t want to say for sure, but I think I prefer them to regular Idaho/russet potatoes. WHAT.
I didn’t measure the amount of sprouts and potatoes because I think you can determine how much of each you want to include. In the recipe I wrote 1 cup of each, but feel free to make more or less depending on your personal preference. You can never have too many!
- For the salad:
- 2 cups romaine/mixed green lettuce
- 1 cup brussels sprouts sliced
- 1 cup red potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 slices bacon cooked and broken into small pieces
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup leeks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp thyme preferably fresh
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place brussels sprouts and potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil (1-2 tbsp); once oven is heated, transfer to a baking sheet and roast until potatoes are slightly golden brown and sprouts are crispy.
- While those are roasting, make the salad dressing. Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble: place lettuce in a large bowl and add goat cheese, cooked bacon, roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts; stir.
- Last, pour dressing overtop and stir to combine.