Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are an easy weeknight meal that are filled with flavors like garlic, oregano, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Quinoa stuffed peppers are happening today!
I’ve been on a mediterranean flavor kick recently—I just re-shared this mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe, which was the original inspiration behind these quinoa stuffed peppers. However, I decided to make a few changes.
Have you hopped on the Harissa paste train yet? Consequently, it took me awhile to do so because I found it tricky to actually find Harissa paste. But, I believe I ended up finding some at Giant Eagle and I know for a fact that you can order some online. The other good news is that a little bit goes a long way, so a jar should last you awhile. What I’m getting at is that, if you don’t already have some in your pantry or refrigerator, you need to get some! It adds flavor and a little bit of spice to recipes (like this tomato soup) and packs a punch in these quinoa stuffed peppers as well.
The filling is a combination of quinoa, garlic, oregano, chickpeas, tomatoes, and feta cheese; not only is it simple, but it’s good for you too. A light drizzle of harissa adds some spice if that’s your thing.
Tip: you can absolutely prep the quinoa ahead of time to make this process even faster. First, make the quinoa and then store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Or, if you’re making it further in advance, place it in a container in the freezer.
Additionally, I recommend adding the cheese after the peppers have been cooked; otherwise, the cheese will burn a bit in the oven.
In conclusion, I hope you give these tasty quinoa stuffed peppers a shot!Print
Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
These quinoa stuffed peppers are packed with flavor, veggies and protein and are an easy weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: stuffed peppers
- 3 red peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, or more
- 1–2 tbsp harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Start by cooking the quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking, slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place peppers face up in a baking sheet.
- Once quinoa is cooked, place it in a large bowl and add garlic, oregano, salt, chickpeas, and tomatoes to the bowl; stir to combine.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into the red peppers until they’re full, then bake the peppers for 20-25 minutes, or until peppers are soft.
- Top peppers with feta cheese then drizzle with harissa paste.
Keywords: quinoa stuffed peppers, mediterranean stuffed peppers