Lavender Granola is the most delicious way to start the day! It's made in under 30 minutes and flavored with lavender and honey. If you're a fan of lavender, this granola recipe is a must-try!
Why this recipe works
- If you like lavender, you'll love starting your day with this delicious lavender granola
- It uses a combination of oats and nuts for added texture and protein
- It's lightly sweetened with honey, which goes well with lavender-flavored foods
Oats - Rolled/old fashioned oats, not quick oats. If you want to keep this gluten free, make sure to use certified GF oats.
Lavender - Make sure you use culinary lavender! I've had luck finding some on Amazon, and at my local tea shop.
Honey - Honey and lavender pair perfectly together.
Sugar - Optional. If you want to keep this refined sugar-free, omit it, but if you want it to be a tad sweeter, simply add 2 teaspoons of cane sugar in with the dry ingredients.
How to make lavender granola
Step 1: Combine dry ingredients. Add the oats, walnuts, almonds, lavender, and sugar (if you're using it) to a large bowl and stir to combine.
Step 2: Add the wet ingredients. Pour in the melted coconut oil and the honey, then use a spoon or spatula to stir so that all of the oats are coated.
Step 3: Bake. Grease a baking sheet, then pour oat mixture onto the baking sheet, making sure everything is spread out. Bake the granola at 350° for 20 minutes. Then, remove it from the oven and wait 10 minutes for it to cool, which will give it time to fully harden into lavender granola.
FAQs and Tips
- Oil: I like using coconut oil when making granola because it's a little sweeter tasting. Another good oil would be grape seed oil or macadamia nut oil
- Honey: or maple syrup
- Nuts: you can use any nuts you want! Just something to give the granola a little crunch (I'm thinking hazelnuts would be delicious!)
How should I store this granola?
Store granola in a glass jar or container at room temperature for up to 2 months, though it does taste best within 14 days.
More granola recipes you'll love
If you made this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Thanks!
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoon culinary lavender
- 2 teaspoon cane sugar optional
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add oats, almonds, walnuts, lavender, and sugar to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Then, pour the melted coconut oil and honey into that same bowl and stir until the oats are completely coated.
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line with parchment) then pour the oats onto it, making sure they're evenly spread out.
- Bake granola for 20 minutes. Then, remove it from the oven and wait at least 10 minutes before transferring it to a bowl.
UPDATE: This post was originally published in September 2016. It was updated with new text and photos in June 2020.