These Harissa Roasted Carrots come together in about 25 minutes and are topped with a yogurt-harissa sauce and feta cheese.
HARISSA ROASTED CARROTS
If you’re looking for a way to spice up carrots, look no further than these Harissa roasted carrots.
I feel like I’m always finding new ways to enjoy carrots, and while these pesto carrots might be my most frequently made, these Harissa roasted carrots are hands down my new favorite. Don’t get me wrong, enjoying them roasted with a little salt, pepper and sometimes tarragon is easy too, but these really take them from vegetable to a complete side dish. Growing up, we never ate roasted carrots; though we’d eat them in salads or soups, we didn’t just eat a side of carrots. Now? Now they’re a vegetable Miguel and I can both agree on.
These harissa roasted carrots are perfectly tender and a little bit spicy thanks to the sauce. Oh, and the feta cheese really takes them up a notch.
HOW TO ROAST WHOLE CARROTS IN THE OVEN
- Start by slicing the carrots in half and placing them on a baking sheet. As a note, you don't have to slice them in half, but they'll roast faster that way.
- Place the carrots onto a parchment-lined baking sheet cut-side up, drizzle with olive oil then roast the carrots in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To check if they're done, use a fork to cut through the carrots. If they're done, the carrot should cut easily. If it's difficult to cut, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
WHAT IS HARISSA?
Harissa is a paste made from roasted red peppers, serrano peppers and other hot peppers, spices and herbs. Typically, it can be found at the local [health] grocery store; or, it can be purchased online.
OTHER ROASTED CARROT RECIPES
Feta Harissa Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon feta cheese or more
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice carrots in half length-ways (optional), place them on a baking sheet then drizzle them with olive oil.
- Roast carrots for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, harissa, lemon juice and salt together and set aside.
- Once carrots are done, drizzle then with the harissa sauce and sprinkle them with feta cheese.