This easy Weeknight Broccoli is roasted to perfection, then topped with a delicious honey soy sauce marinade. It’s quick and will be your new go-to way to prepare broccoli.
I can’t believe I haven’t shared this weeknight broccoli with you sooner! It’s one that I make weekly (shock), and it’s so, so good. I feel like broccoli is always seen as boring and sometimes even bland, but it doesn’t have to be!
Now first thing’s first: roasted broccoli is THE best way to prepare broccoli. It’s a fact! It gets crispy and is generally just more flavorful than steamed broccoli.
WHY I LOVE THIS WEEKNIGHT BROCCOLI
- It’s an easy way to jazz up broccoli
- You most likely already have all of the ingredients
- It’s quick, healthy and a more delicious way to enjoy your favorite (or least favorite?!) vegetable
- Soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Cornstarch or arrowroot
HOW TO ROAST BROCCOLI
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°.
Step 2: Chop broccoli into florets. If you’re looking for a way to repurpose the stem, you can quickly make my broccoli stem noodles.
Step 3: Place broccoli onto a large baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil. Between you and me, I never measure out the oil, but if I had to guess I’d say I usually use around 2 tablespoons. Then, shake the baking sheet a bit so that the broccoli is coated with oil.
Step 4: Roast away! I usually roast the broccoli for 20 minutes at 400°, but you may need to keep an eye on it depending on how you like your broccoli. While the broccoli is roasting, make the sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Step 5: Remove broccoli from the oven and transfer it to a bowl, then pour the sauce over top and stir to combine. You want all the broccoli to have some sauce on it. The final step is to add extra ingredients (if you want), like cilantro, peanuts and/or red pepper flakes.
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES THIS WEEKNIGHT BROCCOLI MAKE?
That depends. Typically I buy one bunch of broccoli (2 heads) and my husband and I eat are able to eat it all.
OTHER HEALTHY SIDE DISH RECIPES
Easy Weeknight Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste
for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop broccoli into florets, discarding the stem or using it to make broccoli stem noodles. Place florets onto a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Shake the pan so that the broccoli is coated, then place it into the oven and roast the broccoli for 20 minutes, or until it's done to your liking.
- While the broccoli is roasting, make the sauce ingredients. Whisk soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and cornstarch together in a bowl and set aside.
- Once broccoli is roasted, transfer it to a bowl, then pour the sauce over top; stir to combine. Top broccoli with cilantro, peanuts and red pepper flakes (optional) and enjoy!