I keep forgetting that it’s springtime, meaning it stays lighter longer, meaning I didn’t have to make four recipes in one weekend. It was exhausting to say the least but YOU’RE WELCOME because now I will be sharing a lot of recipes this week. Or maybe not. Maybe I’ll save some for next week so I don’t pull an all-afternooner again. You’ll just have to wait and see… (I’m so mysterious).
Anyway, I made this meal with Miguel in mind. It has chicken sausage (which we’ve both been eating for breakfast on a fairly regular basis), potatoes (everyone loves potatoes) and cheese (if you don’t love cheese, leave).
So I made this meal Sunday and we had it for dinner. We’re sitting at the dinner table chowing down on this meal that I SLAVED over (totally kidding—it literally takes 15 minutes to prep), and I’m anxiously staring at Miguel waiting for this reaction.
Instead of saying anything or recognizing that the meal contained his three favorite foods, he just ate it in silence.
And so I turned to the “camera” and made this face..
You know…like they do in Modern Family? Every time one of us does something to annoying, the other person stares are the invisible camera with the “are you kidding me?” face, aka a blank stare aka just like they do in Modern Family. I know, it’s weird, but it’s the truth. So after I asked him if he liked it he kindly replied “Oh yeah it’s really good. I mean, it has potatoes, cheese and sausage so..yeah.” Ahhh, why didn’t you say so?!
Oh, and I was being completely serious when I said it takes 15 minutes to prepare this meal. AMAZING if you ask me. And honestly, it’s pretty healthy, minus all the cheese. If you want this to be reeeeeal healthy, just use less cheese and you’ll be golden! But why would you want to use less cheese?! That’s just crazy talk.
- 5 medium-sized potatoes I used red potatoes
- 4 chicken sausage links I used spicy Italian
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped peppers
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice potatoes and peppers and place in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Slice chicken sausage and cook in a medium-sized saucepan; add sausage to potato mixture in dish.
- In a small saucepan, sauté the garlic until slightly browned; add soup to the pan and stir until mixture stars to bubble and then pour it overtop the potatoes and sausage.
- Add 6 slices of cheese overtop the entire mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
Q: Do you know what I’m talking about regarding Modern Family or do you think I’m crazy? Are you a cheese person?