Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
I realize I’m a bit behind on this post, but I never posted my lifestyle “things” post last month, and I wanted to catch you guys up on what I’ve been up to!
1. Well first of all, The Pretty Dish launched, which was crazy exciting. I went to Jessica’s book launch party (which was technically in March, come to think of it…) and even attended a book signing with her— I’m still feeling grateful that I got to be a part of the whole process.
2. I also attended brunch at fl.2, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite Pittsburgh restaurants. I’ve been there three times now, and every time seems to just get better and better. Last month Miguel and I went for brunch, and everything was to die for! Miguel was super pumped because they serve pupusas—a traditional Salvadorian dish—and he claims it’s the only place in Pittsburgh that “makes them right”. So that’s a win!
3. Ever since getting a tofu press, we’ve been loving tofu! I’m not saying we eat it daily, but we’ve been replacing one of our meat meals for tofu pretty much every week since this post went live. If you’re on the fence about a tofu press, I HIGHLY recommend.
4. Current shows include: The Americans— we binged all of the seasons and are now caught up with the current season. BAHHH I just can’t wait to see how they wrap it all up and for Stan to find out the truth. Also watching the Handmaid’s Tale, and so far every single episode has left me on the edge of my seat. Like, minor anxiety attacks that I secretly love. THE SUSPENSE.
5. When we first moved into our house, I purchased two plants from Home Depot to keep in my living room. Unfortunately, I’ve already killed one of them and the other one I’ve had to move into the kitchen. The problem is that, even though our house gets nice light all throughout, there isn’t really a spot in the house where the sun streams in. I think I was watering them enough, but without any sunlight, I’m not sure how they’re supposed to thrive. So, I’m thinking I might cave and get a few fake plants. There’s a corner in my house where a fake tree would go perfectly. I’m still going to keep a few real plants on my window sill, but other than that, I’m thinking I might have to be a fake plant owner.
6. Saved the best for last. Ok I have no memory whatsoever so ignore me if I’ve already mentioned this, but Miguel and I are going to Spain next week!! I’m beyond excited because this was a trip we’ve had planned for awhile—long before we ever even considered getting a house. The original plan was to make 2018 the year of traveling and to wait until 2019 to get a house but, well, things don’t always go as planned. We’re learning to go with the flow and just enjoy this time of being new homeowners and to have fun on this much-needed vacation—I’m very excited and also feeling very grateful.
7. Oh! One more things… since we are going to Spain, I’ve had to put a pause on most things house-related. We bought new living room furniture, but other than that, our current project is to fix up the yard. I’m thinking I’ll start really decorating sometime next year. I’m really good at procrastinating things like this, plus I’m incredibly indecisive, but my focus now is on this upcoming vacation and house stuff is just going to have to wait. Plus, it takes time to really figure out what you want each room to look like, so I’m ok with taking our time to decorate.
Whew… I think that’s all? Hopefully I’ll pop in at the end of May to give you guys a recap of our trip! If you have any Barcelona recommendations, let me know!