And somehow we’re halfway through summer! I mean, not technically, but I consider summer to be May, June, July, and August, so I kinda sorta feel like we ARE half way through. Also, happy happy 4th of July!! Hopefully you’re doing something fun to celebrate today. So, what was I up to in June? Well, let me tell you….
1. The month kicked off with a weekend trip to Columbus to visit one of my best friends and her fiancé. We went last summer and had a blast so we decided to visit again this summer. We ate a lot, drank a lot and went to a Columbus Crew game, and also snuggled with their two pups! My people <3
2. We also went to D.C. for Miguel’s younger brother Emmanuel’s high school graduation, which was awesome. While there, we hung out at the National Harbor, in Old Town Alexandria and also got to see a bunch of his friends–always a good time.
3. Also towards the beginning of the month, my dad came up from Ohio to help me with yard work! Thank god, because I loathe—yes loathe—yard work. I’m not into gardening (though I kind of want a garden at some point?), weeding, mowing, etc. I much prefer indoor chores. Is that weird? Regardless, he helped me pull out a ton of overgrown weeds that were in our yard, and it now looks so much cleaner.
4. TV shows: we’re still watching Handmaid’s Tale, and the fact that they make you wait a week to watch the new episodes is killing me! We also finished The Americans and loved it, and watched The Looming Tower too. If you have a spare weekend, watch The Looming Tower! It’s a mini series and I believe it’s on Hulu and is only 8? or 10 episodes long and it gives an inside glimpse into what happened with 9/11.
5. I finished Beverly’s 30 Days to Fit plan and loved it! Typically I prefer group fitness classes, but if I am going to go to the gym and workout on my own, I find it incredibly helpful to have a plan. Having her workouts typed out in my phone notepad was very helpful and I’m even considering doing the whole thing over again, but this time straight through since I ended up taking a two week break in between because of my vacation last month.
6. Miguel and I have acquired a third roommate… no, not another dog, one of my best friends is living with us for the next month and I’m pretty pumped about it. She lives a few hours away but got a summer job in Pittsburgh, so she’s staying in our finished attic and soon-to-be guest bedroom. WOO! We met freshman year of college and she was in my wedding and though she’s only been here for two weeks so far, it’s been a blast having her around.
7. I had a fun little photo shoot at a new clothing store called Madeleine George Boutique in Shadyside. The store is owned by two amazing women who also happen to be clients at the barre studio where I teach! Small, small world in Pittsburgh. Anyway! I shot some photos for their new website, and I’m excited to get to see them soon.
And that’s about it! July is going to be another busy month, and though I sometimes want to complain about the craziness, these are the months that I look forward to all year long. …because winter just draaaaags on and on, ya know? Happy happy summer, friends!